SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Management

trfsioux

He was asked to resign. 

I've actually never heard anyone say anything positive about him.  The times that I've dealt with him he was neither professional, nor cordial.  I will not miss him and I think the REA will be better off without him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few years back one of the chairs broke somehow, and he wanted to charge me $75.00 for the seat. I told him in so many words that I wasn't going to pay for it.

I am not at all impressed with the man either. Good ridance.

I'm not sure, but it seems they're doing a bit of house cleaning over there.  Two of the admin. women, Rachel Braaten and Tanya Kunta, are both gone.  They were both always more than helpful and very professional.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rachel was very good to deal with, however, my experience as a volunteer for World Juniors, Tanya was very unorganized and took all the credit for everyone else's accomplishments. She couldn't manage her way out of a paper bag.

He was asked to resign. 

I've actually never heard anyone say anything positive about him.  The times that I've dealt with him he was neither professional, nor cordial.  I will not miss him and I think the REA will be better off without him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not exactly Mr. Personality but he's all UND at heart. I'm not exactly broken up either - a new broom sweeps clean I guess...

Hopefully the new management will try and create more of an atmosphere in the REA. Gas the terrible 70's music. They have to decide when the Band plays and when to play music. They can't be in competition with each other. The Band was GREAT in Colombus, hopefully bringing them down to main level will create more noise (which I am sure the Suite holders will complain about).

We should try have all the fans were Green shirts one night and White the next night. Did anyone see Nebraska football? it was like the Red Sea. We could look like the old Winnipeg Jets games.

Start a tradition to encourage the entire crowd to sing the National Anthem. Canadiens do it at every sporting event.

let the students fill in the empty seats in the upper corners that are always empty so every game is a sell out.

Lets get rocking at the Ralph.

great ideas but copying others does not sound like a good idea..i understand your overall post though.............get the ralph rocking is right!!!! anything to get a great weekend to weekend atmosphere.......

Hopefully the new management will try and create more of an atmosphere in the REA.  Gas the terrible 70's music. They have to decide when the Band plays and when to play music.  They can't be in competition with each other.  The Band was GREAT in Colombus, hopefully bringing them down to main level will create more noise (which I am sure the Suite holders will complain about).

We should try have all the fans were Green shirts one night and White the next night.  Did anyone see Nebraska football?  it was like the Red Sea.  We could look like the old Winnipeg Jets games.

Start a tradition to encourage the entire crowd to sing the National Anthem.  Canadiens do it at every sporting event.

Lets get rocking at the Ralph.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's an interesting thought. The move of the band to the lower bowl means that those fairweather "fans" that come for certain series in the General Public side won't complain about student language. They'll be too busy complaining about how the band is too loud :silly:

The big thing I can say with the band is: over the past 2 years, the quality of the band has gotten progressively better and better. Now, all they need to do is keep the brass from overblowing and learn new material (not crap like Soak in the Sun).

The other question is: How is this going to affect student seating in the lower bowl? The band takes up space so, what does this mean for us in the lower bowl?

Hopefully the new management will try and create more of an atmosphere in the REA.  Gas the terrible 70's music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found out that their "Producer" Tricia in the pressbox resigned, and will be leaving sometime in October. Perhaps there will come out a change in the horrible music played.