SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux - Bison ** Great chance to fact the past*

SiouxFootballField

The final two finalists for the Bison head coaching job were Bohl and Casey Bradley. I think originally about 25 people applied for the job, then the last was narrowed down to maybe half a dozen or so. I can't really remember who was on the extended list (other than Rocky Hager).

Here's the five other finalists besides Bohl for NDSU-

Casey Bradley- Current Bison Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator. Was also Defensive Coordinator under former Bison coach Bob Babich from 1997-2002.

Terry Allen- Associate Head Coach/Tight Ends at Iowa State.

Rocky Hager- At the time of being a finalist, an Assistant Coach at Temple University. Former Bison Head Coach, and currently the Head Coach of DI-AA Northeastern.

Dan Enos- At the time of being a finalist, he was an Assistant Coach at Western Michigan. Bohl then hired him as the Offensive Coordinator for NDSU in 2003, and is currently the quarterbacks coach at the University of Cincinnati.

Dennis Wager- At the time of being a finalist, he was the Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach at Fresno State, and is currently the Offensive Line Coach at Nebraska.

The final two finalists for the Bison head coaching job were Bohl and Casey Bradley.  I think originally about 25 people applied for the job, then the last was narrowed down to maybe half a dozen or so.  I can't really remember who was on the extended list (other than Rocky Hager).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND = Lennon, Tesch, Hedberg, and some guy from out West.

Here is a topic for discussion. Dou you think you will ever see a player play for both NDSU and UND? Will NDSU ever have a player transfer to UND? It seems like every D2 team UND play's, their bests players are D1 transfers. I guess they tranfer to D2 school because they dont lose eligibility. Say you were a QB or running back and you don't see much playing time in your future, would you change schools?

And another thought. If say in 2 or 3 years UND decided to go to D1 AAAA or what ever they call it, do you think any players would transfer from UND to NDSU so they dont play 5 years of meaningless games like NDSU is doing now?

And another thought. If  say in 2 or 3 years UND decided to go to D1 AAAA or what ever they call it, do you think any players would transfer from UND to NDSU so they dont play 5 years of meaningless games like NDSU is doing now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty doubtful, as any student athlete that transfers from a DII to a DI(A or AA) would have to sit a year, and could possibly lose a year of eligibility. DI only allows five continuous years of eligibility, so if the student-athlete had already redshirted, they would have to sit a year, and would then only have three seasons of eligible participation (less any they already competed in). They'd probably be better off transferring to another NCC or NSIC school.

The bigger reason for transfers if UND moved to DI-AA would be due to the stricter financial aid and roster sizes. DI-AA only allows a maximum of 63 equivalencies to be distributed to a maximum of 85 student-athletes, and the roster has to be limited to 90 student-athletes before classes begin. I believe UND's roster currently is around 110-120 student-athetes (I know NDSU's DII roster size was usually in the 110s, and remember UND's being in the same neighborhood).

GREAT INFO guys! I'm surprised some of you knew most of them.

Also HAKFAN, why you care about Football, stay over in the hockey side for useless rambling.

To the others. At the time, were you hoping for Lennon to win the job? If I am not mistaken, didn't Lennon pull his name out of the running about a week before the annoucement?

I think UND made the only logical choice in hiring Bohl. There was also the coach from the CFL, who was in the running, and reports that he was the leader but resigned in the CFL. He got like 3-4 year deal with millions and I think the bisons were only offering him a 2 year deal, and NDSU officials wouldn't give him a long term pay unlike what Bohl is getting now. And still, Bohl is doing a good job.

UND has to keep Lennon around long term, he could be the greatest coach ever in UND history, and all of North Dakota.

I'm worried that a big time d1 school like Minnesota would offer him a job, and he would bolt.

what you think?

Lennon is a fine recruiter, and sticks to his game plan unlike most college coaches.

and is great for UND!

Also HAKFAN, why you care about Football, stay over in the hockey side for useless rambling.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey mabey u should do the same then Hotshot. Dont tell Real Sioux fans where they can Post. This is Siouxsports.com not Siouxfootball.com.