SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Strategy for Single Game Tickets?

siNoDux

Apart from walking up to a scalper on the day of a game, what the best method to get tickets to a home game in the lower bowl?

Are there any web Classified ads for season ticket holders to sell individual game tickets? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the ticket exhange on the REA web site.

Become a sudo reporter.  They are allowed to go anywhere they want.  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, at least one sudo reporter came to visit me in my section in the lower bowl, and the string of groupies and hangers-on was so large that security made them all leave! :D

Well, at least one sudo reporter came to visit me in my section in the lower bowl, and the string of groupies and hangers-on was so large that security made them all leave!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a wonder that more people aren't attracted to the glamorous profession of sudo-reporting. :p

Didn't want to start a new thread, but what hotels in GF have shuttle buses to the games? I'm trying to grab tickets to the Northeastern series and am bringing a friend from Boston who's never been to North Dakota. We want to do the town right so I want to make sure we have shuttle service...

Is Red Pepper still the hot pre-game spot in GF? Where else? Suggestions???

Thanks everyone!

i go to southgate bar sometimes when im back for games and take the bus to and from the bar...dagwoods is great as well.....very safe and if you care you can drink on most busses.at least the one from southgate i know of for sure...other bars also have the bus services as well....

i want to check out suite 49 bar n grill right by the arena when im back for the gophers series.........

I'm looking to get tickets to the away series IN Duluth. Would the best way be to go through UND's ticket office (which I worked for freshman year :silly: , and forgot about the procedures) or through UMD's?? I'd probably look for 4 or 5 tickets for both games if possible. Will I be able to swing that at this point?

I don't care who I sit with, as I've sat in the middle of hostile Husky students with a Sioux Crew shirt on in the past, but I'd prefer the presence of friends.

I know Grandma's is apparently the place to be when we're there.

Any tips? ;)

Also, I would try Suite 49...it's soooo close to the arena (hence the name) and the food is delicious. They have LCD's in strategic spots and a good sports atmosphere. Drink specials aren't spectacular, but they're not bad. I'm not sure what they offer on game nights, though.

Hit up the Pepper either early before the game or right away after...depending on when you want to go out for drinks. The pepper has amazing food, but no sports and it's small. More of a lunch-type place....or late night cravings.

I'm looking to get tickets to the away series IN Duluth.  Would the best way be to go through UND's ticket office (which I worked for freshman year  :silly: , and forgot about the procedures) or through UMD's??  I'd probably look for 4 or 5 tickets for both games if possible.  Will I be able to swing that at this point?

I don't care who I sit with, as I've sat in the middle of hostile Husky students with a Sioux Crew shirt on in the past, but I'd prefer the presence of friends.

I know Grandma's is apparently the place to be when we're there.

Any tips?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you will still be able to get tickets through UMD's box office if you act quickly (there's usually a strong Sioux contingent in Duluth).

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/ticketing/

And yes, Grandma's is a strong pre-game place to tip a few.

I'm too lazy to explain it, so http://www.thedakotastudent.com/vnews/disp...8/4320b5db0bb20

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see why they would go with that method, but I don't care for it. I can't imagine not being in the lower section for every game. If you really wanted to be down there, you would go early one time (when they gave out reserved) or you would go early for every game (like the old REA). Assuming that they only give out as many tickets as there are seats, there are going to be empty seats for every game with the general public and students complaining.

Yep, I agree with you completely. It's not going to help the goal of students getting more seats in the lower bowl because they lower bowl won't be full for all the games. Should have just made the whole student section GA. Oh well though, this just means I'll once again get hosed on lower bowl seats while all the freshman doofi get them.

Why is UND/REA so afraid of having students line up outside before the big games? I know some people "can't," but such is life. The hard-core students who schedule their life around hockey and are willing to stand outside for a long period of time should be rewarded with the best seats.

I've heard that people cutting in line has been an issue, but can't that issue be largely handled by a self-patrolling line and peer pressure? That's how it worked when I was at UND. Are they worried about fights, having to hire security?

It doesn't say on the form, or web that I saw, so I have one more question.  Can I mail in an order at any time?  I know they don't go on sale till the 3rd, so I wonder if I have to wait until after that day to mail in an order form. 

I appreciate the help.  I'm pumped! :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Send it in NOW. I sent my form in some time back. Does not hurt to have it in the hopper. Maybe a short note telling the folks at the UMD ticket office that they are fine folks would not hurt either.

Got my tix for the sat night denver game. 

Question of concern is, how much do you hate ticketmaster?  almost $10 of fees per tix, give me a break.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TicketMa$ter is pure evil, but that is what happens when there is a monopoly. See: NC$$ and Micro$oft....

Either way it is pure robbery to charge $10 per ticket service charge when you order the tickets via the web. They got me for a lot of money in "service charges" today also, so I feel your pain. :silly: