SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Tribal officials meeting wednesday

GrahamKracker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow there will be a meeting in Bismark with all of the Sioux Tribal leaders and w/ the heads of UND.  I hope to see you all there.  If you need a ride, we still have some room  (yeah right, but I thought I'd offer anyways).  We're leaving at 8am.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So this is an open meeting, or are you a Sioux Tribal leader? UND administrations perhaps?

I really do hope Kupchella goes to the meeting and expresses a very respectful and inciteful presentation.

It is very important to get a good rep with these people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"w/ these people"......I guess if you want to use our name, you should treat us with a "little" respect, right? I truly hope he tells his "trip to Sioux City" story. That would be a hoot.

I'm betting 5-1 that he doesn't even show up for this meeting. But quite honestly, I don't know how he can come off as respectful because half of the comments he makes are BS, and the tribal officials know this....an example of this was on his ESPNRADIO skit. "We've been using the name Sioux almost as long as they have been"......wow, comments like that won't win you anything, especially when you are talking to the true sioux.

Don't worry, I have the whole interview on my PDA, so when he denies it, I'll play it back for him, in front of everybody just to remind him of what he said.

So how did this meeting go?  Anyone go?  What came out of it?  Will they meet again?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Per WDAZ last night, the 5 tribes in attendence voted 3-2 against the nickname, with the Turtle Mountain Chippewas and the Spirit Lake Tribe voting pro-nickname. Interestnig.

I'm surprised that KrackerCrumbs has not already been here spewing his/her propaganda and how well that meeting went. Of course, maybe it didn't go so well if the vote was 3-2?!

I'm sure we'll hear that it went really well and those that voted against changing the name really weren't true Native Americans or some sort of rot.