SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL TV Schedule

bincitysioux

TV schedule for the NHL is out.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...tv-schedule.htm

Have they always set the TV schedule so far in advance? Since it is only one station, I'd think OLN would want to shift some games so that they can air games with possible playoff implications towards the end of the regular season.

I'm happy to see games on two nights a week. It would be nice if they threw a few more double headers to see some West Coast action.

I'm even happier to find out that Time Warner Digital carries OLN. :glare:

My guess is that if ratings are good they'll add games when the playoffs near. Remember that they didn't pay for the rights and that it's a shared revenue type of deal.

Let's also be thankful that hockey on this network will not be forced to take a back seat to basketball, poker and cheerleading contests.  Also, we should be thankful they'll have Mike Emrick doing the games instead of Gary Thorne.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not thankful for that at all, I think Thorne does a good job.

Let's also be thankful that hockey on this network will not be forced to take a back seat to basketball, poker and cheerleading contests.  Also, we should be thankful they'll have Mike Emrick doing the games instead of Gary Thorne.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you crazy? Gary Thorne is the best play-by-play in hockey, if not sports.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Though I agree with others about Thorne (I like him), at least it isn't Jack Edwards. In any case, you are also forgetting bastions of sporting like Bowling, billiards, and world's strongest man competition.

You will never meet a bigger debby hater than myself, but Emrick is not as bad a homer as some and the sport of hockey is perhaps more filled with homer announcers than any other sport. Still, Mike Emrick was the perfect choice.

Gary Thorne can now go caddy for Mario Lemiuex when he is not covering little league baseball.

I like Gary Thorne and I'm sorry he might have messed up some of your Flyers' names.

Mike Emrick is a good announcer, but I really don't want to see John Davidson (JD) by his side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know who I liked better Gary Thorne or Barry Melrose. Probably Barry Melrose because of his Yorkton, Sask connection! Eskimo should get a laugh out of that.....

Mike Emrick is a good announcer, but I really don't want to see John Davidson (JD) by his side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Davidson is the Bill Walton of hockey. You can never quite figure out what he smoked before putting the headset on.

Gary Thorne rocks. I love how he gets excited while doing play-by-play and because I like his style I got over the fact that he mispronounces a few names.