SiouxSports.com Forum

Maine Series

Brent_Bobyck

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Maine series last year supposed to be followed by a trip to Grand Forks this year? What happened?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure, but they may have had to reschedule due to having to add Vermont as a conference opponent. I expect we will see the Maine series continue for some time.

I'm thinking the Maine games last year were for the 2000-2001 series at the Ralph. Not sure we are "owed" home games with Maine.

2005-2006:

at NH

home Northeastern

My guess for next years games vs. HEA:

at Northeastern/BC still owe them each one game?

home NH

Maine fans at the FF in Columbus couldn't say enough good things about UND.  It would be nice to see the Black Bears make the trip to Grand Forks again in the not-too-distant future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Boston 2004, we got the same reaction from Maine fans while wearing our UND jerseys. Their fan base is loyal and has long memories, and the steps Blais and UND took to help Walsh will linger a long time. Beyond that, there are a lot of similarities (they rail about the built-in advantages that BC and BU and the related snobbery just like we rail about MN's snobbery) that make for common ground.

In Boston 2004, we got the same reaction from Maine fans while wearing our UND jerseys.  Their fan base is loyal and has long memories, and the steps Blais and UND took to help Walsh will linger a long time.  Beyond that, there are a lot of similarities (they rail about the built-in advantages that BC and BU and the related snobbery just like we rail about MN's snobbery) that make for common ground.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a lot of respect for the Maine program, they are quite simular to our program. Thouht it was a classy act to put Walsh on the back of the Jerseys for the auction.