SiouxSports.com Forum

We didn't get frozen four tickets!

siouxnami

I really hope that minnesota, wisconsin, and tech don't make the frozen four.  Oh wait, no worries...  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one you have to worry about is becky. You know Tech won't be there and you know the Gophers will be. Because becky is the host school there fans have alot of tickets for the FF. If becky (WHEN) losses, there will be plenty of tickets to go around. Now my only question to you is why to you want to drive to Milwaukee to watch the Gophers play Denver? :huh:

The one you have to worry about is becky. You know Tech won't be there and you know the Gophers will be. Because becky is the host school there fans have alot of tickets for the FF. If becky (WHEN) losses, there will be plenty of tickets to go around. Now my only question to you is why to you want to drive to Milwaukee to watch the Gophers play Denver? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) They restarted the 3rd place game? ???

• 4 months later...

OK, I was not pleased when I didn't get my tickets. :p

BUT,

I just got off the phone with Charter Media and learned that I won 2 suite (sweet) seats, airfair, and hotel for 2 to the the Frozen Four in Milwaukee (where the Sioux will win #8). ;)

This made my morning...

And yes, for those of you wondering, I did tell my wife. ;)

I'll see all you loyal fans at the games.

OK, I was not pleased when I didn't get my tickets. :p

BUT,

I just got off the phone with Charter Media and learned that I won 2 suite (sweet) seats, airfair, and hotel for 2 to the the Frozen Four in Milwaukee (where the Sioux will win #8). ;)

This made my morning...

Unreal! Congratulations.

OK, I was not pleased when I didn't get my tickets. ;)

BUT,

This made my morning...

I am soooo jealous!!! Congrats.

The best part is that this was a cobranding campaign with the Minnesota State Colleges (MSU, SCCC, and BSU) as part of the entry you had to say which of the three teams schools you like the best. I love that the winner isn't a fan of any of the three.

I will need to get a big Fighting Sioux flag incase I'm in the suite with Dr. Saito.

Maybe then the Gophers could hang more banners than the meager five that they have hanging in The John. Oh, wait. Make that six. They have that stupid AAU Banner to which they claim some relevance . . . .

Now now. Just because your school doesn't like to count back that far doesn't mean others shouldn't. The John himself was on the undefeated 18-0-0 1940 team. I know your not a huge Gopher fan, but I'd think even you would understand that banner. ;)

You can wave the 7>5 banner as long as it remains that way, or in 7>4's case indefinately. But leave the interior decorating of our rink to us, we know how much you all appreciate being told what your arena should look like.

If it's another measuring contest thing, I'd be more concerned with that unruly DU crowd than us meager Gophers fans.

10-4 Sagard. Point well made and well taken on point well made long ago. I did not realize that Da John was on that '40 team.

I love that 7>4 moniker. After all, the Gophers did win one on a total home ice advantage for the starved masses, who had not tasted victory since JC was President. Funny think, JC is mighty big in the news these days.

Besides, as 7>4 pointed out long ago, his moniker is not a comparison of championships, but is instead a comparison of the number of hairs on the top of his head to the number of hairs on the top of mine.

Now now. Just because your school doesn't like to count back that far doesn't mean others shouldn't. The John himself was on the undefeated 18-0-0 1940 team. I know your not a huge Gopher fan, but I'd think even you would understand that banner. ;)

You can wave the 7>5 banner as long as it remains that way, or in 7>4's case indefinately. But leave the interior decorating of our rink to us, we know how much you all appreciate being told what your arena should look like.

If it's another measuring contest thing, I'd be more concerned with that unruly DU crowd than us meager Gophers fans.

Ah Sagard, those were the days. The city slickers, Golden Minnesota boys all, knocking the wheels off of several upstart schools who were attempting to join their elite status by fielding what should have been house and beer league teams. The John skating past pylon after pylon flashing his pearly whites as he embarassed one poor sieve after another. No Saskatchewan farm boys to knock him on his butt, no wait scratch this last one because then we would be talking about playing real hockey. ;)

Ah Sagard, those were the days. The city slickers, Golden Minnesota boys all, knocking the wheels off of several upstart schools who were attempting to join their elite status by fielding what should have been house and beer league teams. The John skating past pylon after pylon flashing his pearly whites as he embarassed one poor sieve after another. No Saskatchewan farm boys to knock him on his butt, no wait scratch this last one because then we would be talking about playing real hockey. ;)

All the same we'll decorate our rink, you decorate yours. I suspect he must have eventually faced the dreaded "Saskatchewan farm boys" and held his own. He did last five years in the the NHL and serve as Captain of the Blackhawks.

There really isn't much denying his "pro-Minnesota" approach has benefitted the WCHA and of course the Gophers immensely.

All the same we'll decorate our rink, you decorate yours. I suspect he must have eventually faced the dreaded "Saskatchewan farm boys" and held his own. He did last five years in the the NHL and serve as Captain of the Blackhawks.

There really isn't much denying his "pro-Minnesota" approach has benefitted the WCHA and of course the Gophers immensely.

Fair enough, and those of us on this chat who are fans of Sioux hockey shouldn't be subjected to your frequent dribble regarding these irrelevant and meaningless titles from years gone by.

Fair enough, and those of us on this chat who are fans of Sioux hockey shouldn't be subjected to your frequent dribble regarding these irrelevant and meaningless titles from years gone by.

I think it was a Sioux fan who brought up Minnesota's AAU title... you can't very well expect to be able to attack an opponent and then scream "off topic" when one of their fans rushes to their defense.

I think it was a Sioux fan who brought up Minnesota's AAU title... you can't very well expect to be able to attack an opponent and then scream "off topic" when one of their fans rushes to their defense.

Jim, you are right, so Sioux fans please don't set him up to discuss his favorite topic/beef anymore because I could care less about the history of his hockey team.

Jim, you are right, so Sioux fans please don't set him up to discuss his favorite topic/beef anymore because I could care less about the history of his hockey team.

Of all the fans of another team to get upset about, its amazing to me you found Sagard. From my observations over time, he's about the last person that's going to "get in your face" on another team's board unless it's been asked for.