SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Central Washington

UND92,96

Here's the official UND release for the first game. It would appear that the rumored loss of another offensive lineman to injury/illness is true as Brett Bauer isn't listed on the 2-deep depth chart. Will Kusler is now the starting left guard, and Brian Troen, who was slated to be the starting left guard, is now at left tackle.

The insecurity at the offensive line is now starting to scare me a little bit. ;)

I said the same thing last year, but Central Washington will always scare me. Ever since that game a couple of years ago where they beat the bejesus out of us I'll never take any of their teams lightly again. I think UND will win the game, but I think it will be a tight game with UND's defense winning the game (one of many that they will win for them).

Is Belmore slated to start at QB?

Anybody have any info about c.wash , i have heard that they lost alot upfront on defense. Anybody else have any info???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a release from the GNAC conference. You need to scroll down a bit to get to the team previews. CWU is very young on the offensive line, and lost the entire front seven on defense from last year.

Thanks for the help. The fact that C.W. is inexperienced up front will be good for us, the O is always behind at the beginning of the year. Also i wouldn't want to start my career as a quarterback against our D, doesnt sound like fun. I/m curious I was looking at the release for the game against C.W and see that Groeschl is listed ahead of Grossman, this doesnt make alot of sense since Grossman is easily the most experienced reciever on the team. Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks for the help. The fact that C.W. is inexperienced up front will be good for us, the O is always behind at the beginning of the year.  Also i wouldn't want to start my career as a quarterback against our D, doesnt sound like fun.  I/m curious I was looking at the release for the game against C.W and see that Groeschl is listed ahead of Grossman, this doesnt make alot of sense since Grossman is easily the most experienced reciever on the team. Anyone have any ideas here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would assume that Groeschl simply has had a better fall camp than Grossman. Anyone know any more about this?

Central Washington will be starting an offensive line consisting of three red-shirt freshmen and two sophomores link so I would certainly hope that UND's front seven will completely dominate the line of scrimmage. I know CWU is very high on their quarterback and receivers, and I would expect a lot of three-step drops as they likely know that UND's pass rushers will be in the qb's face all day if they do much of anything besides short drops. I also wouldn't expect CWU to be able to effectively run the ball.

Defensively, CWU is very inexperienced and quite small. As has been mentioned, they lost their entire front seven from last year. I definitely don't expect that they have an NCC-caliber defense this year.

The forecast is for a hot (upper 80's) and windy (20-30 mph) day. That would seem to indicate that passing might be difficult for at least half of the game.

The offensive line will hold together just fine. Every year it is always the big question! But they always come through in the end. It might take a few games for the line to start to gel together but they will be good. Good luck to the sioux at central wash. And a shout out to all the D-Line. Go Dawgz! Sugar, My Grandpa, Mario, The brothers Brennan, Halo2 twins, The wolfman, Richter you need to keep eating, and the warden. Hal is cool! Reid...I love you. Peace out Fu-Man-Chu's Forever.

Lennon was on the radio this morning and stated that Bauer will not be back for awhile.  He has mono that was only recently diagnosed, probably at least a month before he is back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bauer started practicing again this week and is making the trip.