SiouxSports.com Forum

Ziggy

OldSchool

havent heard, but it doesnt look good with the tender they got coming in next year, however, the guys they got there are terrible right now, so who knows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reichmuth looked pretty darned good to me in the past. Are you sure you aren't thinking SCSU goaltending?

Reichmuth looked pretty darned good to me in the past. Are you sure you aren't thinking SCSU goaltending?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not the best numbers last year (courtesy USCHO):

Isaac Reichmuth, Jr 27 9 12 4 74 1456 3.05GAA 0 637 .896%

Let's not forget 4 GA on 14 shots (before getting pulled) during this past WCHA first round Friday night 8-2 UND buttkicking and the 4 GA on 14 shots in the second period on Saturday night before again getting pulled in a 6-1 UMD loss.

I am assuming you are thinking of other games when he looked "pretty darned good?" :glare:

Not the best numbers last year (courtesy USCHO):

Isaac Reichmuth, Jr 27 9 12 4 74 1456 3.05GAA 0 637 .896%

Let's not forget 4 GA on 14 shots (before getting pulled) during this past WCHA first round Friday night 8-2 UND buttkicking and the 4 GA on 14 shots in the second period on Saturday night before again getting pulled in a 6-1 UMD loss.

I am assuming you are thinking of other games when he looked "pretty darned good?" ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IIRC, the past two years, the Sioux have played awfully well against the Bulldogs.

That being said, wasn't this terrible goaltender (Reichmuth) the one that helped get them to the Frozen Four? :glare:

IIRC, the past two years, the Sioux have played awfully well against the Bulldogs.

That being said, wasn't this terrible goaltender (Reichmuth) the one that helped get them to the Frozen Four? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where he gave up four goals to a very low scoring DU squad (yes the Pios did go on to win the championship), with 3 goals on 12 shots being scored by DU in the third - yeah, I remember, great performance, eh? :glare:

btw, I didn't say he was terrible, I just provided some stats that show, with regard to last season anyway, he really hasn't been that good.

Where he gave up four goals to a very low scoring DU squad (yes the Pios did go on to win the championship), with 3 goals on 12 shots being scored by DU in the third - yeah, I remember, great performance, eh? ;)

btw, I didn't say he was terrible, I just provided some stats that show, with regard to last season anyway, he really hasn't been that good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but things are different in the Frozen Four. We lost by 3 goals or so to a offensively "weak" team ourselves the past two years by that logic.

There are ways to rattle Reichmuth's cage. We learned that from interviews with different Sioux players (I can't remember who it was :glare: ). However, I do believe that great goaltending is a byproduct of good defense. In the case of last year and the FF appearance, it did not appear like UMD was playing good team D. And Denver has this uncanny ability to know just where to be at the right time.

Hey I asked about Ziggy not Duluth in general

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ziggy himself says that Isaac is very good. With not having had much (any) playing time the last while, he's probably looking to take over the back up spot. He has three years of elgibility left, I think we'll be seeing alot of Ziggy in the net but maybe not this year.

I haven't heard anything about Ziggy's playing time but I wouldn't be saying things about Isaac Reichmuth without checking your facts. And why would anyone say anything about Isaac being a bad goalie because Denver beat them in the Frozen Four? ARE YOU SO STUPID YOU FORGET ABOUT WHO ELSE LOST TO DENVER?:glare:?;)?:p

Ahem. Sorry about that. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, just trying to say that if Isaac is a bad goalie because the 'Dogs lost to Denver, I guess schmittdoggydogg thinks Jordy Parise sucks, too.

Last year Isaac struggled, but the defense was pretty bad. Losing an All-American at D leaves a pretty big hole. What is a goalie supposed to do when Steve Czech turns the puck over in the zone time after time? Sheesh! In '03-'04, when we went to the Frozen Four, Isaac put up some pretty good numbers, including a 17-3-2 conference record (23-9-4 overall) and a 2.49 GAA (2.64 overall). The Dogs scored about 4 GPG, opponents around 2 GPG, so it's not like the 'Dogs were blowing every team away. As a freshman, he was the starter. I've watched Isaac play when he's on his game and he's a sharp goaltender.

Last year's stats may also be somewhat unrepresentative of his normal playing ability because it became apparant about halfway through the season that a lot of the seniors JUST DIDN'T CARE anymore.

Thanks, Redwing, for knowing a thing or two about what makes a good goalie.

and those of you who decided to talk smack about Reichmuth, well, just be glad you weren't talking about Evan Schwabe. I'm a nice girl most of the time, but if you said something bad about Evan, I'd have to kill you. Slowly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but I'd be careful about saying that I know a thing or to lest you get caught up in the relentless teasing I undergo all the time. ;):lol::glare:

But truthfully, lighten up. This /is/ a UND board you know. It's not like Reichmuth is...say... UMN's JJ or Hauser or nothing. :p

I haven't heard anything about Ziggy's playing time but I wouldn't be saying things about Isaac Reichmuth without checking your facts. And why would anyone say anything about Isaac being a bad goalie because Denver beat them in the Frozen Four? ARE YOU SO STUPID YOU FORGET ABOUT WHO ELSE LOST TO DENVER?:glare:?;)?:p

Ahem. Sorry about that. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, just trying to say that if Isaac is a bad goalie because the 'Dogs lost to Denver, I guess schmittdoggydogg thinks Jordy Parise sucks, too.

Last year Isaac struggled, but the defense was pretty bad. Losing an All-American at D leaves a pretty big hole. What is a goalie supposed to do when Steve Czech turns the puck over in the zone time after time? Sheesh! In '03-'04, when we went to the Frozen Four, Isaac put up some pretty good numbers, including a 17-3-2 conference record (23-9-4 overall) and a 2.49 GAA (2.64 overall). The Dogs scored about 4 GPG, opponents around 2 GPG, so it's not like the 'Dogs were blowing every team away. As a freshman, he was the starter. I've watched Isaac play when he's on his game and he's a sharp goaltender.

Last year's stats may also be somewhat unrepresentative of his normal playing ability because it became apparant about halfway through the season that a lot of the seniors JUST DIDN'T CARE anymore.

and those of you who decided to talk smack about Reichmuth, well, just be glad you weren't talking about Evan Schwabe. I'm a nice girl most of the time, but if you said something bad about Evan, I'd have to kill you. Slowly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reciting facts is not talking smack. IR's numbers last year weren't good - FACT! It doesn't matter that the Dogs seniors gave up, UMD still finished just a hair behind UND (3 points) in the league race - FACT and then got absolutely destroyed during the WCHA first round - FACT. IR was a sieve in that series - FACT. AND he got pulled in both games - FACT.

Hey, if you think a save percentage under .900 and a GAA over 3.00 is pretty darned good as RW77 said, then more power to you. IR can be a good goalie but he wasn't last year. As for the 2004 team, that was Junior's, not Isaac's!!!

Normally, I would be pissed when someone calls me stupid, but then I considered the source.

As for Parise, say what you want, but his 2.13 GAA and .917 save% last season are considerably better, numberswise, then IR's in 2004 (2.64 GAA and .909 save %) but hey, again, don't let facts get in your way.

If you want do any more name-calling, why don't you save the other members of this board the lesson in immaturity and drop me a PM - I will be waiting on pins and needles.

:0

Reciting facts is not talking smack. IR's numbers last year weren't good - FACT! It doesn't matter that the Dogs seniors gave up, UMD still finished just a hair behind UND (3 points) in the league race - FACT and then got absolutely destroyed during the WCHA first round - FACT. IR was a sieve in that series - FACT. AND he got pulled in both games - FACT.

Hey, if you think a save percentage under .900 and a GAA over 3.00 is pretty darned good as RW77 said, then more power to you. IR can be a good goalie but he wasn't last year. As for the 2004 team, that was Junior's, not Isaac's!!!

Normally, I would be pissed when someone calls me stupid, but then I considered the source.

As for Parise, say what you want, but his 2.13 GAA and .917 save% last season are considerably better, numberswise, then IR's in 2004 (2.64 GAA and .909 save %) but hey, again, don't let facts get in your way.

If you want do any more name-calling, why don't you save the other members of this board the lesson in immaturity and drop me a PM - I will be waiting on pins and needles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:0 ...... :glare: well said

Thanks, but I'd be careful about saying that I know a thing or to lest you get caught up in the relentless teasing I undergo all the time. ;):0:glare:

But truthfully, lighten up. This /is/ a UND board you know. It's not like Reichmuth is...say... UMN's JJ or Hauser or nothing. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh come on, I'm not that pissed. Like I said, it's just Isaac, not Evan Schwabe. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...