SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Congrats to Paul on winning the Mr Hockey Runner Up award tonigth! Mihulka is truely an amazing player. No other way to put it.

All EDC is as Follows:

G-Sean Diechart

G-Eli Rosendahl RR

D-Eric Galt FS

D-Andy Peterson GPR

D-Ryan LaDoucer RR

D-Jarret Galbreath RR

D-Marc Harrie Shanley

D- Tyler Swanson WF

F-Mark "Ten Bears" Mihulka RR

F-Adam Cambell FS

F-Grant Larson FS

F-Paul Wisegarber FS

F-Paul Cambell GPR

F-Thomas Cambell GPR

F- Alex Simonson GFC

Thanks for the information. Where did you get this from? Was it in any newspapers or posted?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you home owners out there this is where your property tax goes.... trying to not be political but if you truly graduated high school the GF public school system owes you, me and everyone on here an apoligy.

ponder the following as you re-read your post.....

Move the game to fargo or a neutral site and lets see how many of the GF hopeful make the trip.

Also, the all GF final looks alittle bleak unless GFC can work out some of the kinks in it's armor... i.e 4-1 loss to WF and a 3-2 double O.T win over Jamestown. GFC's road to State.... Lose to the 4 seed beat the 8 seed in double OT and squeak by the 6 seed. WOW it's safe to say that they are rolling and they WILL NOT CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeak by the 6 seed? You obviously not at the game because you would have seen that Central dominated every aspect of the game. Jamestown did not play like a number 8 seed in the tournament. They played like they were a 5 or 6 seed.

Yeah Mihulka had a three game stretch during the tourney... Certainly hasn't been there all year. Definately helped his case this weekend. It was a great hockey game last night. South brought about their B- game though to tell you the truth. The fans from Red River were about the worst I have ever seen. Oh well though they can have EDC we will see what happens at state. Congratulations to the Grand Forks Red River "Mihulkas". They would be lucky to beat Shanley without him and Spies. So maybe he does deserve Mr. Hockey.

Lets get real here! Do you honestly think that RR would have troubles with Shanley without Spies or Mihulka? Probably Not. I don't know about that post but I think its safe to say sounds that you are from Fargo. Also GFC has not been that decent all year and to see them come into the state tournament back door is not really a suprise. They have made it now 36 out of the 39 times. All that matters is that they made it to state. The game against Jamestown was dominated by Central throughout the game. Jamestown scored its tying goal with about 1:30 left in the third off of a deflection by a Central defenseman's stick. Anybody else who was at that game would probably agree with this comment.

Yeah Mihulka had a three game stretch during the tourney... Certainly hasn't been there all year. Definately helped his case this weekend. It was a great hockey game last night. South brought about their B- game though to tell you the truth. The fans from Red River were about the worst I have ever seen. Oh well though they can have EDC we will see what happens at state. Congratulations to the Grand Forks Red River "Mihulkas". They would be lucky to beat Shanley without him and Spies. So maybe he does deserve Mr. Hockey.

How can you say that he hasn't been there for them all season? You haven't payed very close attention to the Riders this year then. After the EDC tournament, Mihulka should be in the top 5 in scoring in the state. But he does everything himself, doesn't he? If you happen to look at the list of all EDC players, you will see Mihulka's name on there, along with 3 other teammates. Red River had the same number of players on the all EDC list as the Bruins had. Even if South brought there B- game to the rink last night, doesn't a state championship contender come to the rink ready to play every night? I just don't see how you can bash a team that has beaten the best team in the state, South, twice this season, won the EDC title and the EDC tournament. A hockey game cannot be won by one player, it is a collection of players that come together and preform to the best of their abilities. I hope that Red River beats the $hit out of Fargo South in the state championship game next weekend to shut all you people up that ever doubted them.

Pairings for the State Tourny:

Minot (1W) vs. Central (4E) 12 PM

Fargo South (2E) vs. Devils Lake (3W) 30 Min after

Williston (2W) vs. Grafton (3E) 6 PM

Red River (1E) vs. Bismarck High (4W) 30 min after

I really don't think there will be a totally out of hand game the first round. Yeah, the east teams will probably win all of the games, but I think that the western teams will represent themselves well. The most interesting game will probably be Minot and Central, but Devils Lake should win people over with their work ethic, and you never know what can happen with a goaltender like Hillman for Bismarck high.

Looking forward to Thursday... :huh:

I really don't think there will be a totally out of hand game the first round. Yeah, the east teams will probably win all of the games, but I think that the western teams will represent themselves well. The most interesting game will probably be Minot and Central, but Devils Lake should win people over with their work ethic, and you never know what can happen with a goaltender like Hillman for Bismarck high.

I agree Wilbur. Minot lost close games to RR, Grafton and Central. I would not be surprised to see them win. Devils Lake has a nice team, but they will be no match for South. DL lost at home to North and Jamestown. Williston may give Grafton a game, but Grafton has too much overall talent if they stay out of the box. RR will have no trouble with Bismarck. RR is too strong in the defensive zone and has way more depth. My predictions:

Minot 3 Central 2

South 8 Devils Lake 1

Grafton 4 Williston 1

Red River 5 Bismarck 1

WILL NOT CANNOT BE STOPPED?? What the heck does that mean? It will be a South V Red River final again. And the best team will win (I hope RR) but unless, Congragts to the Bruins. By the way where is North for the 4th year in a row?, and W Fargo, as always. Grafton & GFC are here again, so don't knock Central for struggling to get to to state again, while other teams missed AGAIN! And moving the game to Fargo or Minot or Bismarck wouldn't change a thing!!!!

The only one who can edit or change a post is the original author, not me! But Tron maybe if you knew anything about how this posting works maybe you wouldn't try bashing on an innocent poster, because you have a whole FIVE POSTS!!! In this clever case junior posted those names and when i quoted it, it showed up and then junior must have felt so terrible about it, that he had to go back and change it, and have his friend here (Tron) made me look like the guilty one. Nice try though!!

P.S. By the way who do you think would be more likely to post somthing like that about Paul? Me who lives in Fargo and supports Paul or a RR supporter who a couple hours before making that post, just saw his beloved Mihulka lose to Paul for the Senior player of they year?

Actually, Stars9, you CAN change the post and make it look like the original author wrote it. For example, look how I changed the names in the all-EDC team (I bolded them for you). As far as the five posts, do you think this is the first time I've ever used a message board?

Actually, Stars9, you CAN change the post and make it look like the original author wrote it. For example, look how I changed the names in the all-EDC team (I bolded them for you). As far as the five posts, do you think this is the first time I've ever used a message board?

You are absolutly right so I cannot prove 100% that I didnt change it but you cannot prove 100% that Junior didn't change it either but would you please answer my question from earlier.I have never bashed anyone on this site before, Im a South fan so it would make absolutly no sense why I would do that. Stop trying to set people up on this site!

You are absolutly right so I cannot prove 100% that I didnt change it but you cannot prove 100% that Junior didn't change it either but would you please answer my question from earlier.I have never bashed anyone on this site before, Im a South fan so it would make absolutly no sense why I would do that. Stop trying to set people up on this site!

My answer to this question would be probably you, who was maybe upset about South losing to RR...Postseason awards don't really matter.

My answer to this question would be probably you, who was maybe upset about South losing to RR...Postseason awards don't really matter.

Ya I was upset that South lost to RR so I decided to bash Souths best player...... you've got to be kidding me Tron. Think with your head here, none of what you are saying makes any sense!

Tron this site would be better off if you stopped trolling around here. please don't come back on here and start coming after me, all I'm trying to do is stop this fight.

Tron this site would be better off if you stopped trolling around here. please don't come back on here and start coming after me, all I'm trying to do is stop this fight.

I've been as civil as I can during our whole conversation. In no way do I "troll". I was just trying to point out my point on the whole matter. I'm done discussing this.

I said it because it is typical. I don't hate Grand Forks hockey, I hate the behavior of the GF teams' student cheering sections at hockey games. Booing the other team's player winning an award is just another example of classless behavior that is typical of both Red River and Central cheering sections. I've seen it time and time again for well over 20 years now.

I'm not going to start this argument again, Dave. We've done it before and I don't want to do it again. The behavior of fans on both sides is equal, as much as you'd hate to believe that.

I agree with you here, Wilbur, but will happen when Red River puts up 40+ shots against him? My guess is a Red River win about 6-0. It's too bad Hillman isn't on a better team to show everyone how good he actually is. I am excited to see him play, though, my guess is the goals he gives up will be ones he has absolutely no chance at.

I agree with you here, Wilbur, but will happen when Red River puts up 40+ shots against him? My guess is a Red River win about 6-0. It's too bad Hillman isn't on a better team to show everyone how good he actually is. I am excited to see him play, though, my guess is the goals he gives up will be ones he has absolutely no chance at.

Well, South did put up over 50 shots on Hillman and he only let 3 in. And from what people say, all the shots were of very high quality and close range. I think it may actually come down to a fairly low scoring game, a 3-1 or 3-2 game, but if Hillman is on his game, and Bismarck's first line is playing like they can(nice article on them in the Bismarck Tribune today), then we could possibly see an upset?

When Central beat Red River for the state title a few years back the RR student section littered the ice with pop bottles and other various trash at the conclusion of the game and booed when the Central players were awarded the trophy. However, the same behavior was not displayed by the South student section the following year when they got beat by Central in the state title game. So, you see, the behavior is not the same on both sides. As a matter of fact, it isn't even close.

I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Go to any rink in the state and people will tell you the same story. I'm not even going to argue the point anymore, because it would be the same as trying to argue the fact that the sky is blue. If somebody wants to insist that the sky is green, nothing I can say is going to change their minds. I will state what I consider to be a fact, and if anybody wants to diagree... so be it. I know better.

What horribly flawed logic. Not to justify anything, but how Red River students react when they beat Central is completely different then how South would react when they beat Central. Red River and Central are heated rivals. South and North are heated rivals. Comparing Red River-Central to Central-South is a brutal comparison at best. How would South students react if they beat North in the state championship game?? That would be a comparison to make to RR-Central and how the students react. Trouble is, we may never know what the reaction would be. :huh:

This isn't a difference of opinion, you're just wrong. The behavior of fans on both sides is not equal. Yes, every school is going to have some isolated incidents that reflect poorly on their part. But nobody else has had the kind of boorish behavior consistently that has been displayed by the GF schools for as far back as I can remember.

Case in point...

When Central beat Red River for the state title a few years back the RR student section littered the ice with pop bottles and other various trash at the conclusion of the game and booed when the Central players were awarded the trophy. However, the same behavior was not displayed by the South student section the following year when they got beat by Central in the state title game. So, you see, the behavior is not the same on both sides. As a matter of fact, it isn't even close.

I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Go to any rink in the state and people will tell you the same story. I'm not even going to argue the point anymore, because it would be the same as trying to argue the fact that the sky is blue. If somebody wants to insist that the sky is green, nothing I can say is going to change their minds. I will state what I consider to be a fact, and if anybody wants to diagree... so be it. I know better.

I'll end with this- go around the east region and ask which team they like to beat the most. The answer will be a resounding Fargo South. The reason why? They have by far the cockiest fans (parents especially). When I was in Fargo recently for the Red River-South hockey game, afterwards I went to a restaurant after the game, where I met some people who had no ties to any Fargo high schools, just fans of athletics in general. They told me that they were glad Red River beat South that night because they thought South parents and fans had a feeling of always being above everyone else. I'm sure people on this board will also think this is true.

I think its better for Hillman to be on the Bismarck team. You'll notice the kid a lot more stopping 50 shots a game and holding Fargo South to 3 goals then him stopping 4 shots for a Fargo South or a Red River. Despite his efforts on Thursday Red River is too overpowering for Bismarck. Hillman will keep it close but Bismarck will need to score a goal to win and that could be too much to ask against Red River.

I think its better for Hillman to be on the Bismarck team. You'll notice the kid a lot more stopping 50 shots a game and holding Fargo South to 3 goals then him stopping 4 shots for a Fargo South or a Red River. Despite his efforts on Thursday Red River is too overpowering for Bismarck. Hillman will keep it close but Bismarck will need to score a goal to win and that could be too much to ask against Red River.

Agreed. Bismarck could be in the game if they get a quick goal and Red River comes out flat like they did last year against them. But I'd be surprised if that happened. Nonetheless, I'm looking foreward to watching Hillman play.

A few observations on posts over the last few days. When Junior24 made his original post he had the spelling "Weisgarbage" as that is what I saw in his original post as I was online when he posted it. That post was changed shortly thereafter but my feeling is that his original spelling "error' was caught and those who cited him did not tamper with it - just my view. The original "error" (putdown) of Weisgarber came from Jagrfan around Feb 7th when he referred to the south player in that way. Stars9 has no disrespect for Mr. Weisgarber as the context of his posts on this thread clearly show. Now, tron3050 has not been a core contributer over the season but jumps in, starting in February, with a combination of player putdowns and an attempt to analyze. We would all be better off if the childish attacks would stop. You have to ask yourself what your putdowns really accomplish. These sorts of comments just show that some people are too immature to handle discussions on a high school hockey thread. The anonymity of this type of forum is too much for some and the cowardly nature of their comments is clear to all reasonable contributors to this thread.

A few observations on posts over the last few days. When Junior24 made his original post he had the spelling "Weisgarbage" as that is what I saw in his original post as I was online when he posted it. That post was changed shortly thereafter but my feeling is that his original spelling "error' was caught and those who cited him did not tamper with it - just my view. The original "error" (putdown) of Weisgarber came from Jagrfan around Feb 7th when he referred to the south player in that way. Stars9 has no disrespect for Mr. Weisgarber as the context of his posts on this thread clearly show. Now, tron3050 has not been a core contributer over the season but jumps in, starting in February, with a combination of player putdowns and an attempt to analyze. We would all be better off if the childish attacks would stop. You have to ask yourself what your putdowns really accomplish. These sorts of comments just show that some people are too immature to handle discussions on a high school hockey thread. The anonymity of this type of forum is too much for some and the cowardly nature of their comments is clear to all reasonable contributors to this thread.

Thank you, doubleu.