SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red River/Wahpeton tonite in Wahpeton. This one can and will get ugly. My guess is that the Riders will win about 14 or 15 to 0. We could see a big game, maybe a 7 or 8 pointer from either Galbreath or Mihulka.

Previous games this season would deter one from coming up with a conclusion such as Mihulka or Galbreath getting eight points in one game.

Also it would be nice if you all could argue in a more civil manor, we wouldn't want this discussion board to be shut down this close to tourney time.

Stop ripping on Ndpride, he is one of the few legitimate sources on here. I personnaly can't see North, South, or Shanley play unless they come to town, so it's nice to have him on here to fill us in on the games from fargo.

I was off 1...MY bad.

NKTK1826

DD603DD

Sharp16

b12

Tron3050

WW23

Lives-to-play-hockey-66

Thats just from the last 1.5 days. You figure it out.

Where in my posts have I belittled or bragged about a specific team? Just because we joined today to stand up for ourselves we are placed in the same category as those who abuse this message board? Come on buddy.

Previous games this season would deter one from coming up with a conclusion such as Mihulka or Galbreath getting eight points in one game.

Also it would be nice if you all could argue in a more civil manor, we wouldn't want this discussion board to be shut down this close to tourney time.

Stop ripping on Ndpride, he is one of the few legitimate sources on here. I personnaly can't see North, South, or Shanley play unless they come to town, so it's nice to have him on here to fill us in on the games from fargo.

I absolutely agree. ND Pride has been a real attribute to this site. Its nice to know whats going on down in Fargo with hockey. I don't think the guy has once said anything derogatory toward any player or program, and I enjoy what he types.

Any scores from tonight?

Other scores from WDAZ:

East Grand 2 Detroit Lakes 1

GFC 2 Warroad 1

Red River 13 Wahpeton 1

Great win for Grand Forks Central!

Wow that is a VERY good win for Central and ND! Maybe Central is coming around and could be a threat come EDC and State time.

On another note, how did Whapeton score on Eli? or was another goalie playing?

Wow that is a VERY good win for Central and ND! Maybe Central is coming around and could be a threat come EDC and State time.

On another note, how did Whapeton score on Eli? or was another goalie playing?

From what I heard, A Wahpeton player shot the puck at the goal and the puck somehow ended up crossing the goalline in some manner.

No, I didn't go nor see the game, but that's usually how goals are scored. :lol:

The goal was scored on Pat Arnason who is not the smartest kid. Two games in a row this kid has forgot equiptment, trapper and blocker agaist Minot and of all things his legs pads agaisnt Whapeton.

I watched the game and I will say that the goal could not of been the goaltenders fault. It was a 2 on 1 where the RR defensemen pinched on the Whapeton player with the puck who threw it out to the Whapeton player in front of the net.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but the north-south game originally scheduled for Thursday 7:30 has been moved to Friday at 4:30.

F-M Jets game will follow 30 minutes after the game.

If you are a HS hockey fan and in the area stop in on Friday and show your support for the south team, as this has been a tough week for everyone.

Link on moved game: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=117001

Link on Tony Deichert's death: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm...&section=Sports

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but the north-south game originally scheduled for Thursday 7:30 has been moved to Friday at 4:30.

F-M Jets game will follow 30 minutes after the game.

If you are a HS hockey fan and in the area stop in on Friday and show your support for the south team, as this has been a tough week for everyone.

Link on moved game: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=117001

Link on Tony Deichert's death: [url="http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=117022

Word on the streets is ol bobbie gillen lost both his arms ok im lying but why the poop doesnt he keep up on that site of his for god sakes, actually im thinkin of starting my own stat web page the link is www.gillen_needs_a_mechanical_pair_of_arms.net

He....just updated earlier tonight?

Bob Gillen provides a valuable service to the hockey community by serving as the state statistician for hockey. If you have ever tried to keep up a stat tally for one team you can only imagine how difficult it is to do for 18 boys teams and 11 girls teams. There may be days when he gets 4 or 5 game sheets at one time to cull through for goals, assists, penalties, and do all of the goalie calculations. In addition, some coaches are not too good about sending the sheets in to him especially when it is an away non-conference game - in the EDC it is the obligation of the home team to send in the sheet.

If you check all of the information on his various pages you will see that there are typically many game sheets that have not been given to him. It is great that people are interested in what he does and like to see everything current but he needs cooperation to keep it up. In addition, he does travel occasionally and is not able to update the site when he is out of town. Typically he notifies his "readers" when that happens. In my opinion he deserves an award from the hockey community for the work that he does - in addition to his other responsibilities in working for the city of Grand Forks and with the North Dakota Amateur Hockey Association. If you would like to start your own site I would encourage you to do so. It would be a great learning experience.

Great post ND PRIDE, just one thing to add I don't know if any of you notice the times those posts are completed. You will often find the site updated at 2:30 in the morning or one day I saw a 4:15 a.m. update on there. These sheets take time to be entered. We need to realize that Bob has a different job, he isn't a full time statistician who slaves over the computer everyday waiting for each scoresheet to be faxed into him. Sure it can be frustrating when we log on a day or two after the game and there are no stats or sometimes a score from that game but blaming it all on Bob is just out of line, maybe some of the blame needs to go to Fargo South head coach Dean Wilson he is too busy to send his schedule in :lol: .

Thanks. Good that you brought out the point about when Bob does some his work - late at night or very very early in the morning. As I said before, seriously, the high school coaches should get together and give him a plaque for his work on behalf of the high school teams. This information is used by the newspapers, high schools, fans, junior A scouts, and many other groups.

From what I heard, A Wahpeton player shot the puck at the goal and the puck somehow ended up crossing the goalline in some manner.

No, I didn't go nor see the game, but that's usually how goals are scored. :lol:

Thank you so much for that information, your answer is very appreciated!

Very powerful and moving experience today bringing together players, parents, fans, family, and friends from all over the state, including Minnesota as well, at St. Mary's Cathedral for Tony Deichert's funeral. It was a wonderful testimony to Mr. Deichert and to the powerful bonds that can be built through faith and sport.

Great post ND PRIDE, just one thing to add I don't know if any of you notice the times those posts are completed. You will often find the site updated at 2:30 in the morning or one day I saw a 4:15 a.m. update on there. These sheets take time to be entered. We need to realize that Bob has a different job, he isn't a full time statistician who slaves over the computer everyday waiting for each scoresheet to be faxed into him. Sure it can be frustrating when we log on a day or two after the game and there are no stats or sometimes a score from that game but blaming it all on Bob is just out of line, maybe some of the blame needs to go to Fargo South head coach Dean Wilson he is too busy to send his schedule in :lol: .

you must have quite a chip on your shoulder to blame Dean Wilson for any stat website which he has nothing to do with. I also appreciate all the work Bob does and accept whenever it can be updated.

you must have quite a chip on your shoulder to blame Dean Wilson for any stat website which he has nothing to do with. I also appreciate all the work Bob does and accept whenever it can be updated.

How can you blame Wilson for that. All of Souths stats are updated and all of their game sheets are turned in. If you're going to blame someone, why not blame the coaches who are responsible for the missing game sheets that are posted on Bob's site.