SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Its nice that they decided to move the tourny to Purpur. I'm guessing they probably used the same rationale for moving the Central-Red River game back to the old arena as well. I wish I could attend the east regional this year, I'm sure that Purpur will be rocking for the Red River-Fargo South Championship game.... :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I think the most disappointing team of the year so far has got to be Fargo North. With all the talent they have on the team, one would think that they would be able to put up much, much more offense than they are. The offense is starting to come around a little, but being shut out in 5 out of 7 games to open the season is terrible. It hurts to say that too because those kids are all good guys.

Talent? On Fargo North? Seriously? Everyone talks about how good those players are but do you guys want to know a little secret? They aren't very good. Klenow = OVERRATED. I went to a North game hoping to see a kid who could go somewhere but all I saw was a player that was constantly dragging behind. I have no idea how anyone can think this kid can play anywhere after high school. OK guys - go ahead and tear me apart because I'm not being very nice and ND Pride why don't you give me some crap about how he is being talked to by junior teams (somehow you know everything about him, weird). I just don't think he's very good. Sorry for stating my opinion, but that is how I honestly feel.

Talent? On Fargo North? Seriously? Everyone talks about how good those players are but do you guys want to know a little secret? They aren't very good. Klenow = OVERRATED. I went to a North game hoping to see a kid who could go somewhere but all I saw was a player that was constantly dragging behind. I have no idea how anyone can think this kid can play anywhere after high school. OK guys - go ahead and tear me apart because I'm not being very nice and ND Pride why don't you give me some crap about how he is being talked to by junior teams (somehow you know everything about him, weird). I just don't think he's very good. Sorry for stating my opinion, but that is how I honestly feel.

At least we are all voicing our opinions in more civil ways now. To reply to your post Tron3050, I would not call Nick Klenow "over rated". Ever since I can remember (his first year of high school) he has led Fargo North in almost every category (even penalty minutes). Now obviously that alone is not an amazing feat being that North has been anything but spectacular the last few years but it's a start. I don't think he was ever named all conference, but I did here some talk about him mentioned with all conference players which I did not understand. If anything I think he MIGHT be considered under rated? I've watched him play since PeeWee when my son switched from Patriots to Raiders and over the last few years I've seen night and day improvement. Someone mentioned he will start play with the F-M Jets when the high school season ends and I don't think they are going to just pick up anyone. I don't know, a lot of people seem to enjoy giving him and Klein a hard time on here and it I don't think either of them deserve that treatment. Who knows where Klenow will really go after high school, maybe no where, but maybe some where big.

I think it's fairly obvious who I am. I'm just here to clarify that no matter what any one in here says about us or how bad you think we are, it isn't going to change anything about the way we play or how we carry ourselves. Maybe we'll play after high school, maybe not. But we are going to try. Sorry if this comes off as arrogant to post as ourselves but we felt it was time to be the bigger man. If anyone wants to criticize our play feel free to send us a private message. We know what we are capable of, and we are not going to let some kids from another high school run around on this board talking how great they are and how bad we are without naming themselves to be open to be criticized aswell. To everyone else, thanks for the support. See ya on the ice.

As we look at the high school hockey thread we se several categories of posters. We see people who try to provide information without tearing people down and then we see the category of one or two post wizards whose main goal is to proclaim their team is the best, their player(s) are the best, or their town is hockeytown USA. We seem to have another poster (tron3050) in this latter category. You have to wonder what motivates a person to jump into the thread to spread that kind of talk. Hopefully we will not be burdened with too many "one" and "two" post wonders who feel we want to hear about the big axe they have to grind at someone else's expense. :lol:

Wouldn't a player playing well on a bad team make him stand out more? What makes Klenow so overrated?

Any player, IMO, who can singlehandedly make a team better, even if the team still doesn't amount to much during the season, has to be given respect.

From what I understand, Klenow is one of those players.

That being said, take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm the "loser" a few weeks back who had the unmitigated gall to say that Red River and South were the two best teams in the state. And, yes, I'm going to hold that over the heads of those who disagreed with me at that time because I like being right and I don't mind pointing it out. :lol:

I think it's fairly obvious who I am. I'm just here to clarify that no matter what any one in here says about us or how bad you think we are, it isn't going to change anything about the way we play or how we carry ourselves. Maybe we'll play after high school, maybe not. But we are going to try. Sorry if this comes off as arrogant to post as ourselves but we felt it was time to be the bigger man. If anyone wants to criticize our play feel free to send us a private message. We know what we are capable of, and we are not going to let some kids from another high school run around on this board talking how great they are and how bad we are without naming themselves to be open to be criticized aswell. To everyone else, thanks for the support. See ya on the ice.

I think that it is sad that this message board has sunk to this level because some people need to rip on players that are still kids. I had previously requested that people be civil, and reminded posters that players and their parents and coaches may be reading this message board. The message from the Fargo North player confirms my concerns and I think it took a great deal of courage for him to not only reply, but to take the high road. His response shows that he has class and he is a very good hockey player. No, he does not play for Fargo South or Red River, but that does not make him or Nick Klenow bad hockey players. In fact, they are very good hockey players that could play for any team in the state--Yes, even South or Red River. Please try to take the high road when posting on this message board. It really is informative at times and I would hate to see it shut down because some posters refuse to be civil.

I think that it is sad that this message board has sunk to this level because some people need to rip on players that are still kids. I had previously requested that people be civil, and reminded posters that players and their parents and coaches may be reading this message board. The message from the Fargo North player confirms my concerns and I think it took a great deal of courage for him to not only reply, but to take the high road. His response shows that he has class and he is a very good hockey player. No, he does not play for Fargo South or Red River, but that does not make him or Nick Klenow bad hockey players. In fact, they are very good hockey players that could play for any team in the state--Yes, even South or Red River. Please try to take the high road when posting on this message board. It really is informative at times and I would hate to see it shut down because some posters refuse to be civil.

his response shows hes a good hockey player??

I just wanted to let everyone know that the USHL All-Star and Prospects game is tonight.

Here's the roster :

http://www.ushl.com/news/0506/20060110ushl.cfm

It includes last year's ND leading scorer Jordan Willert from Minot.

You can watch the game to through this site :

http://www.ushl.com/news/0506/20060202ushl.cfm

I think they charge $6 to view it.

There is no way that is Klenow and Klein.

I would like to agian apologize for my teammates comments. I hope that they realize that they are making our program look like a huge joke... Please disregard all comments from this user/ and also other users that are visibly Red river hockey players. I hope that this is the last time I have to come on here and say this.

I'm sorry if no one else cares but what have I said that makes you think I am part of the Red River hockey team. You seem to be some high schooler who just jumps to conclusions and wants to be a favorite on this website. I don't see why you are mistakening me for being a RR hockey player. Is it because I live in Grand Forks and just type reports on here of the games I watch.

X2theZ someone else addressed that issue a month or two ago and said that playing in the Ralph was a money loser. Add to the fact that there are few spectators relative to the number of seats and I suppose you can argue that the atmosphere is not the best for a tournament.

I have to share the sentiments of a number of Grand Forks people, and others, who have expressed concern about the immature posts that have surfaced on this thread. I know a number of players and parents at Red River and it is disrespectful to them and their program to see some of these posts. I guess this is why high school threads are at risk for closure from website administrators who do not want to have to deal with this nonsense.

Actually ND Pride the reason is the west thinks the east is getting an advantage by playing EDC at the ralph. By playing EDC at Purpur it will be fair for both the east and the west because both teams will be playing in the ralph for the first time then for the state tournament. I have heard from many sources on this reasoning. The other reason is that the EDC tournament at the ralph doesn't draw that many fans to make it a good and profitable event.

I will state by opinion as to how I feel about people who come on here for the first time and post comments that have already been stated before. I will also be the first one to rip on you as you wish. Why do people have to come on this site constantly to just make a complete fool of themselves? I'll be the first to say don't post like this please. I have been noticing in recent days all of the new users who are joining. Please do not rip on someone just because you know who they are as in ND Pride's case. This message has appeared and reappeared many times. For you new users don't come on here and just start talking about nothing that deals with high school hockey. Tron if you look back aways you can see some posts about ND Pride and most people on this webpage already know who he is. We have all heard about it yet we consistently have to say it. I have heard enough of it and it gets sickening!

It's nice to see one Red river player has some class, as for the rest of you fools, your making yourselfs look really bad not to mention embarressing your team.

With that said lets get back on track, I heard that EDC tourney will not be held at the Ralph, NDpride you seem to be very knowledgable, do you know why this is?

That person who is typing isnt even from RR.

The end of the regular season is coming to an end, Anyone have any predictions or ideas on who will be ALL EAST REGION, WEST REGION and ALL STATE. I would also like to include the EAST/WEST REGIONS COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD and who the top picks are for MR HOCKEY.

The end of the regular season is coming to an end, Anyone have any predictions or ideas on who will be ALL EAST REGION, WEST REGION and ALL STATE. I would also like to include the EAST/WEST REGIONS COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD and who the top picks are for MR HOCKEY.

I do not know enough about west hockey but here we go for the east side.

defense - galt, south and peterson, grafton

forwards - weisgarber,south, mihulka,red river and p. campbell, grafton

goalie - deichert, south

coach - richards, west fargo

mr. hockey finalists - weisgarber, mihulka and galt

I do not know enough about west hockey but here we go for the east side.

defense - galt, south and peterson, grafton

forwards - weisgarber,south, mihulka,red river and p. campbell, grafton

goalie - deichert, south

coach - richards, west fargo

mr. hockey finalists - weisgarber, mihulka and galt

goalie- deichert or rosendahl

Any veterans on the website say that have been active on this site for 2 or more years? Well if you remeber, I recall that there was a kid on here with the screen sname siouxrock, i have reason to believe that i think one of these "posers" that thinkt ehy play for RR jv hockey are him. Who else thinks that?

Red River/Wahpeton tonite in Wahpeton. This one can and will get ugly. My guess is that the Riders will win about 14 or 15 to 0. We could see a big game, maybe a 7 or 8 pointer from either Galbreath or Mihulka.

This one indeed will get ugly. Red River will probably play four lines all game long, and work on some different systems (powerplay, breakouts). Hopefully no one gets hurt, and its a clean hockey game.

Hopefully Central will have a good showing against Warroad. Depending on which Warroad team shows up... :lol:

This thread has become so juvenile, both in terms of the content as well the posters, that it's not even worth reading....It seems like all that goes on in this thread is people continually joining under bogus names to make a deragatory remark about some high school kid/team. It's really sad when I've seen AT LEAST 8 new members join in the last day just to talk up Red River High School hockey or to bash other programs in the state. Grow Up.

End Rant. Sorry.

This thread has become so juvenile, both in terms of the content as well the posters, that it's not even worth reading....It seems like all that goes on in this thread is people continually joining under bogus names to make a deragatory remark about some high school kid/team. It's really sad when I've seen AT LEAST 8 new members join in the last day just to talk up Red River High School hockey or to bash other programs in the state. Grow Up.

End Rant. Sorry.

Im jsut curious to as who your 8 users are?