SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Comparing a high school hockey team with two state titles in the last 12 years to an NFL team that has never won a Super Bowl. Don't play dumb. You have been over the top with your disrespectful attitude towards hockey in Fargo. North has been a pretty mediocre program for the better part of the last 20 years, I'll give you that. But South has been right there with Central and Grafton since the mid '90s. The only team that can say they've been vastly superior to South in that time period is Red River.

Go back and read that post as you were missing my point as I never mentioned anything about a football team other than the NE Patriots and was trying to make a point on predicting the future with no reference to FS hockey.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am agian having trouble understanding this.... DaveK comes on and says it looks like south is turning a corner..... Then some putz comes on and starts talking about the Grand forks peewee and bantam teams...... Dave comes back and says well they've gotten 2nd, 3rd and now are once agian a top team in the state..... Then another moron comes on and lists the past champions and groups the two grandforks teams into a catagory.... Then hockeyman25 enlightens us all with his last pathetic comment.

The reason why I brought up the bantam thing is because your buddy DaveK says that FS will be a dominate force for the next 20 years. All I said is that RR will be very tough to beat considering their sophmore class is outstanding. You tell me some of Souths sophmores other than Powers.

Yea, hopefully they can carry me tonight i'm kind of sick.

Don't worry X2theZ I feel a real breakthrough game tonight :lol:. It's not even worth trying to have a logical conversation with hockeyman25 as he has hardly matured enough mentally to carry on a conversation without acting like a 12 year old (which he may very well be). So I'm gonna lay it on the line for everyone else...

Grand Forks been dominating High School hockey since the first day they touched the ice.

The number and consistency of state championships won has STARTED to diminish in the Grand Forks area.

Hockey programs in Fargo have become increasingly stronger than in the past.

Given a little extra LUCK (yeah, luck) Fargo school's could have won state titles in 99, 01, 04, 05.

Fargo is narrowing the gap there once was between Fargo and Grand Forks.

Fargo South is currently undefeated.

Grand Forks has a great hockey community.

Fargo is catching up to them.

Don't worry X2theZ I feel a real breakthrough game tonight :lol:. It's not even worth trying to have a logical conversation with hockeyman25 as he has hardly matured enough mentally to carry on a conversation without acting like a 12 year old (which he may very well be). So I'm gonna lay it on the line for everyone else...

Grand Forks been dominating High School hockey since the first day they touched the ice.

The number and consistency of state championships won has STARTED to diminish in the Grand Forks area.

Given a little extra LUCK (yeah, luck) Fargo school's could have won state titles in 99, 01, 04, 05.

Specifics, Fargo schools could also have won in 00 and in 02. in 00 fargo south had a great chance but lost a ton of players, including three goalies, because they got minors and such. they were playing in the state tournament with their backup JV goalie...in 02 fargo north was the best team in the EDC but lost in the first round at state to the 4th seed in the west.

Hey DaveK, are you, specifics and X2theZ linemates on South?

Hockeyman - the website wizard with four posts - after you have been around awhile you may learn that DaveK is out of high school, specifics does not go to south, and X2theZ does not live in Fargo.

And personally, I am a high school hockey fan and I enjoy watching all the top players like Marc Mihulka, Paul Weisgarber, Thomas and Paul Campbell, Erick Galt and all of the others where ever they happen to play.

On another topic, thanks to some great radio coverage I learned that South beat West Fargo 4-0 tonight.

for all of you fargo fans, just wondering how many state championship banners all of the fargo teams put togethor have in the rafters. My guess is that either GF Central or Red River could beat them single handed. Because a fargo team has one good year they are all of the sudden considered a power house? You should think about what you type before you type it.

for all of you fargo fans, just wondering how many state championship banners all of the fargo teams put togethor have in the rafters. My guess is that either GF Central or Red River could beat them single handed. Because a fargo team has one good year they are all of the sudden considered a power house? You should think about what you type before you type it.

As we all can see this GF vs. Fargo conversation is going nowhere. Let's just drop it, or it will go on forever and no one will win. Even as a GF native I find this pointless.

Hey dumb-#$$ that is the beauty of this web-site - you don't have to read what you don't want to. Let's not resort to calling people putzs and morons. :lol:

Can't say I was surprised to read such an intelligent post from SFsioux, You lead out with Hey dumb-#$$, then follow by telling me not to call people names. I think it's safe to say that you owe everyone on here an apology, for subjecting us to your stupidity.

But lets get back on track..... I'm really looking forward to the Red river VS. Grafton game, hopefully i can make it down. One of my employees sons plays on the team and the way he was talking he felt the game could go either way and that it would probably go down to the wire. I guess we will find out tommorow if he was right.

Luck or the ability to grow a pair of balls when it matters?

To get the topic off of the GF vs. Fargo talk for a second I'll talk about the Minot-Century game.

Minot 7 Century 0

This game was completely dominated by Minot, and without some great saves by Nick Dehne it could have easily been 12 or 13 goals for Minot. This win doesn't say a whole lot for Minot, but I was talking to one of the dads before the game and he mentioned that Minot was skating with a full lineup for the first time all season. Minot's first two lines can skate with anyone in the state, but outside of the West Region their third line will have trouble with teams. They are finally able to play six defensemen after one of them got off of a suspension, and another one came off of an injury. Remember the name Andy Dittus. He played in the elite league this season, and every time I've gotten the chance to watch him play he impresses me. I believe he had four goals and two assists tonight, and could of had more. I think he's got some junior hockey ahead of him somewhere.

Century is a young team that will come along. If they ever get some offensive flow going and score a goal or two Dehne is a goalie that can make it stand up.

Alright, go back to Grand Forks vs. Fargo.

Can't say I was surprised to read such an intelligent post from SFsioux, You lead out with Hey dumb-#$$, then follow by telling me not to call people names. I think it's safe to say that you owe everyone on here an apology, for subjecting us to your stupidity.

But lets get back on track..... I'm really looking forward to the Red river VS. Grafton game, hopefully i can make it down. One of my employees sons plays on the team and the way he was talking he felt the game could go either way and that it would probably go down to the wire. I guess we will find out tommorow if he was right.

It was a joke henceforth the smile at the end - and your calling me stupid...

Who annointed you the thread police :D?? Like I said before, if you don't wish to read, then ignore it. Is this a concept that is too difficult for you to understand?

Looks like yet another GF zealot hung up on living in the past.

I'm not saying Fargo South has a better history than Central or Red River, I'm predicting that they have a brighter future. What's wrong with that?

In the context that you just stated, I would say nothing is wrong with that - you and I just tend to have a difference of opinion. I say we drop it and leave it as just that.

To get the topic off of the GF vs. Fargo talk for a second I'll talk about the Minot-Century game.

Minot 7 Century 0

Not long ago Century had the most mature team in the west and it underperformed.

Now they're in a youth cycle (and giving up touchdowns apparently).

Moral: You have to strike when the iron is hot.

Fargo South's iron is hot right now. What'll they do with it in February and March?

Looks like yet another GF zealot hung up on living in the past.

I'm not saying Fargo South has a better history than Central or Red River, I'm predicting that they have a brighter future. What's wrong with that?

Dave, Heres the part people don't understand about you. "the past?" The facts of the situation show that the GF championship dominance is NOT in the past but the present, but you keep thinking and calling it the past.

How is a Grand Forks team winning the state Championship the past 9 out of 11 years the past? Along with the last three?

And why do you think South has a better future than RR or Central? Do you have any factual basis besides they have "good years" (based on South standards)? Serious question. "Not a my sons pee wee teams are dominating the gf teams. South beat Moorehead one year."

I have to retract my statement from earlier about Dittus. He only got two goals and two assists against Century last night. My bad... :D

Devils Lake also beat Bismarck high last night 3-2 in Bismarck. I checked the box score and Devils Lake out shot Bismarck 32-12, and the only reason that Bismarck high stayed in the game was because of Hillman. Devils Lake will be a team to look out for in the future. With their coaching and their young players they can do some damage.

Williston has more talent, but with Bismarck's goaltending who knows what will happen. I'm predicting a Williston one goal win with Hillman keeping the game close or winning it for his team. Williston is a tough (emphasize tough) place to play, and with some of the skaters they have playing on that Olympic sheet of ice I would expect them to win.

These two teams will probably be the 3 and 4 seeds from the West.

Williston has more talent, but with Bismarck's goaltending who knows what will happen. I'm predicting a Williston one goal win with Hillman keeping the game close or winning it for his team. Williston is a tough (emphasize tough) place to play, and with some of the skaters they have playing on that Olympic sheet of ice I would expect them to win.

These two teams will probably be the 3 and 4 seeds from the West.

I didnt realize that they have an olympic sheet there. I agree with you that Hillman can keep them in any game, Im a little surprised Jundt hasn't produced more. I know stats dont tell the whole story, but he has some skills.