SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO

bigmrg74

Been bored and lurking there and since I've seen the results a few arguements that have spilled over to other sites, I thought I would sign up over there. Plus, it will allow me to campain the other fans that GVSU should get themselves a hockey team. Somebody put in a good word over there to get them to let the Monster in!! :silly::blush:

Somebody put in a good word over there to get them to let the Monster in!!  :blush:  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could use some of my vast power and influence with USCHO to get you in, but it will cost you...BIG TIME! :silly::)

Ha!!  You're way too cheap there PCM.  :)    :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll need to revamp your plans before you start another thread. :blush:

Just start another thread, but put it in the cafe here. DI is only for hockey talk while cafe is for what you were posting about.

Holy crap! I'm being helpful. I must be sick.

I stand corrected, somebody took down my thread over there on USCHO.  I was just going out and trying to get over the thought of being a "Newbie" over there, take my lumps and get it over with.  :blush:  :silly:  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously, just put your post in the Cafe and everything will be fine. You were just on the wrong side of the board.

Seriously, just put your post in the Cafe and everything will be fine. You were just on the wrong side of the board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well.... I dunno about that ... people are jerks no matter where you are on the board... Diggler'll yell at them if they're too mean to you... :) Afterall, it looks like he's actually be nice and helpful today... Not sure how long it'll last though...

I just stopped by USCHO and found some odd articles.  The pieces in these are only about 10% hockey and 90% other gopher fluff.  Is the U of M web site down or something?  I've never seen anything like this on USCHO.

It looks like USCHO is simply taking the articles from U-Wire (which originate in the Minnesota Daily) and posting them because they have college hockey related content.

On the other hand, it could be that USCHO has officially joined the Vast Golden Gopher Conspiracy, which means that it's only a matter of time before I'm required to quote Doug Woog to "balance" my Sioux hockey articles and game recaps. :silly:

It looks like USCHO is simply taking the articles from U-Wire (which originate in the Minnesota Daily) and posting them because they have college hockey related content.

Yeah, U-Wire is just a syndication agent for college newspapers. Their feed, filtered for college hockey, has been available for a while from a variety of other sources, including Yahoo! News.

When I used to search for articles re:college hockey/UND more manually I used to check it now and then, but the syndication was quite incomplete, so I found it easier just to go to the specific newspapers of UND's regional opponents. (Now my needs are handled by hideous computer programs and backed up by the fact that anything on the web regarding the Sioux will be posted on this board within no more than 7 minutes).