SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank you all ...

The Sicatoka

This sounds very awkward.

Agreed. "appreciation." I'm wondering if it was like that in the original or if it was a transcription problem with the Forum.

Keep an eye out for it in the Sunday Herald would be my guess.

From Herald link:

I write to publicly and personally express my appreciation to, and admiration for, the UND men's hockey team and its fans.

The Fargo Forum got something UND-related wrong? Sayitaintso. ;)

I think it was a very nice letter. This says pretty much what most of us have said in various ways:

Not only were we treated to a thrilling finish to a superb hockey season, but also we all saw classic examples of perseverance, grit, determination and class that we will admire for a long time to come.

Congratulations to each of the team members and coaches. Thanks for giving us so much reason to be very proud and for representing UND so favorably to the entire nation.

And this seems to be the positive reinforcement the fans deserve:

And speaking of fans, what a marvelous, thrilling experience to encounter the sea of green made up of more than 1,000 very enthusiastic UND fans, both at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Columbus, Ohio, and, of course, at the site of the Frozen Four tournament. Never, anywhere, has there been a more enthusiastic, supportive group of fans.

However, Dr. K did thank me. ;)

I write to publicly and personally express my appreciation to, and admiration for, the University of North Dakota Men's Hockey team and its fans.

And speaking of fans, what a marvelous, thrilling experience to encounter the sea of green made up of more than 1,000 very enthusiastic UND fans, both at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Columbus and, of course, the site of the Frozen Four Tournament. Never, anywhere, has there been a more enthusiastic supportive group of fans.