SiouxSports.com Forum

Fabian's non-goal

PCM

I hadn't gone through all those pictures until now.  Thanks to the photographer who did a marvelous job with them. 

Unfortunately, now I'm mad all over again.  How many of those pictures are of Mannino making saves or with the puck bouncing around in front of him?  Argh.  It's also interesting that there are no pictures of Porter without a Pioneer between him and the glass.

Devsrule, I may have met you a few hours after the title game in the computer room at the Holiday Inn.  I was the frustrated Sioux fan reading USCHO when you came in to print boarding passes.  If that was you.  Either way, nice job with the pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Great pics. And, yes, I'm a bit peeved as well. Nothing in particular, just a natural reaction to seeing a Sioux opponent celebrating. It's in the blood, dontcha know. Still, what a run. And perhaps it's just beginning...?

As for DU, they can now suck for decades. :glare:

taz thinks Hakstol has unfinished bidnez

I watched the tape of the game last week again since I was actually at the game originally. As most of you state the non-goal just made me mad again. From the many views of that play I'd say about 3/4 of Mannino's glove was in the net at some point on Fabian's shot. Heck even knowing the call, I was sort of expecting Piotrowski to call it a goal on my tape replay.

In my mind that was the turning point of the game. We go up 2-1 and play a more disciplined game. If we're leading 2-1 going into the third I believe we win.

Still Cannady's stupid penalty that gave DU their first power play goal to go ahead 2-1 was a killer too. I bet he doesn't take that penalty if we're ahead at that point.

You know. I now have grown to hate Denver more than Wisconsin. Not necessarily because of this game but for other numerous reasons. Here's hoping Carle goes pro and their goalies suck this next year.

End result in my mind that was a goal.

I'd swear the first replay I saw on the jumbotron at the arena showed puck in the air, over the line, in the net, NOT in Maninno's glove, ergo GOAL. I spoke each element of that description outloud but my judgment did not induce the officials to make the same call I did. What was wrong with them?

I'd swear the first replay I saw on the jumbotron at the arena showed puck in the air, over the line, in the net, NOT in Maninno's glove, ergo GOAL.  I spoke each element of that description outloud but my judgment did not induce the officials to make the same call I did.  What was wrong with them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People expect to read the information on signs from you, not hear you talk about it. :glare: