SiouxSports.com Forum

AHL All-Rookie Team

I Ranger

One obstacle Big Lou may not be able to overcome is the loss of Daneyoko and Stevens. These guys owned the debbies defensive zone for years. It is no coincidence that they got bounced early from the playoffs without these two guys on the blueline.

Daneyko was steady as a rock for years and never made a mistake. Stevens, as much as I dislike him, just might be the greatest defensive defenseman ever to play the game. There is no way L.L. can replace these guys. No way. Bring in all the forwards you want, but defense has always been the debbies game and they have suffered some serious losses on their blueline.

Book it.

The AHL All-Rookie team was announced and Bochenski, Vanek and Rene Bourque were the forwards.  Are you kidding me.  Rene Bourque over Zach Parise.  What a joke.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's Don Lucia's fault, first Jeff Panzer now Zach Parise.

I've followed the AHL pretty closely all year and the all-rookie team guys are all very deserving. The forwards are all winger and goal scorers. Parise is definitely the same caliber player, he just plays a different game. Zach is a playmaker, all the other guys are finishers. The other guys also benefit from having very strong players on their teams. Zach is the best player on his team. Zach is smaller and younger than a lot of guys too. I have no doubt that Zach will be a Cliff Ronning kind of player in the NHL.