SiouxSports.com Forum

Thoughts On Next Year

dagies

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with Sagard.  For all the flak you take about your team, you're sure a great contributor to this board.

I'm thinking, since seeing line combos gives me butterflies...

Stafford-Zajac-Spirko You have to figure that'll come back

Porter-Murray-Toews  Why not try Murray (who has centered as a Sioux before) with Porter and Toews...size and speed.

Prpich-Kaip-Fabian  Add Miller for taste...and you have another Grind(er) Line

Watkins-Duncan-Kozek  I'm not sure on this one, but there's always a possibility of one of the Frosh sitting in favor of a Foyt or Marvin.

As for Defense...

Greene-Lee  If Greene comes back I bet he gets the "Andy Schneider" roll of training in the new big gun.

Smaby-Jones The new defense are new to me as well, as I've only seen Lee play.  But Smaby is ready to take on a large roll as a rock on defense.

Chorney-Radke  The key, if not obvious already, is to watch out for all Freshman pairings...at least for the first month or so.  I'm one of those guys who think Radke learned A LOT more than just what he saw in game experience.

There is a good possibility that Hak will do what Blais did and combine the vets and give the freshmen a pairing of their own.  However, for most of the season, I don't see that.  I agree that Foyt and Marvin will most likely bounce between forward and D.  We'll see how the freshmen fair, and then Hak will adjust accordingly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No need to try murray at center...Toews is from what i hear a very solid centerman. I suspect that will be one of the most exciting lines in the country if it is porter and murray with toews as i'm sure there wouldnt be a faster line out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Watkins-Duncan-Kozek  I'm not sure on this one, but there's always a possibility of one of the Frosh sitting in favor of a Foyt or Marvin.

These are three players that I am excited to see play (aside from Toews and the 3 frosh dmen :D ). I doubt that Foyt or Marvin will start in their places with the credentials that these three have, but you never know.

Both Duncan and Kozek put ALOT of pucks in the net in the BCHL last season (they tied each other for 1st in the league), and I am interested to see how they do in the WCHA. It will also be interesting to see how well Duncan handles the more physical WCHA play due to his size (maybe another Panzer in the making??).

I'm also a fan of the speedsters, so I think that I will like Watkins (winner of the BCHL fastest skater contest).

All in all, I'm very excited to see how this freshman class performs next season. :glare: