SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You SS.com and Members

Fedorov

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and compliments throughout the season. I try to respond to the e-mails and private messages I receive, but sometimes a few slip through the cracks.

There's a great group of Sioux fans (and fans from another team that I won't mention ??? ) here, and that really makes all my efforts enjoyable and worthwhile.

The off-season will be long and hard, but together, we'll get through it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... if you are looking for a revenue stream how about selling SiouxSports.com hats, sweatshirts, MafiaMan "former avatar" calendars ??? , etc...?

Sweet! I love it. Avatar calendars! You avatar goes up for the month, and your sig line along with it.

Too plain.  We need a mascot of some sort.  My broomball team is sponsored by the Hoggsbreath Sports Bar in Little Canada.  We're the IceHoggs.  If I could figure out how to attach the logo here, I would.  It's a catchy logo, so much so that people who have no idea what it stands for ask about it and sometimes even buy a hat.  Anyone wanna help me put it up here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mafia-

How about ss.com being "sponsored" by the King of Diamonds ???

I want to thank all the hockey fans on this site!

You Sioux fans are a class act, and have helped make the Sioux my second favorite team. ???

And thanks to all the people on this site who, after 2 years, have stopped saying things like:

"Why don't you go to the UMD message board?"

and the ever popular

"7>0!!" ??? (still said in jest, during the heat of the playoffs, which is OK)

Next season should be interesting for both our teams, as we lose several key seniors (Dogz lose 11).

I look forward to living and dying every weekend with you guys! You're the best.

Special thanks to MafiaMan, who made watching a 6-1 whooping bearable (it may have been the beer also).

Also to 01grad: See you at the Final Five next year. Do you always have the same seat?

There is actually advertising; however, wherever possible I try to program it to target only non-registered members (hits 90% of the visitors, but doesn't annoy those who contribute by participating). It's really not a big focus, though, because the relatively scarce resource of mine the site consumes disproportionately is time, not money.

I've definitely been pondering merchandise. Not so much as a revenue stream, but just because it would be cool. However, before doing anything like that on a large scale, I'd like to devise a logo of some sort (something reminiscent of the Sioux, but not a UND trademark), which I've just not yet gotten around to commissioning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just go with something simple jim, not a whole lot of need to be fancy. Just see what kind of deal you can get on a large number of green shirts and to have something printed on them, probably in white. You would have figure out a way to get them to people, either by just mailing them out to people, or doing other pre-arrangements with people, because I don't think you can sell them in the parking lot, at least you're not suppost to. Perhaps you could get one of the UND students to sell them out of their dormroom perhaps?? Anyways, we've have done T-shirts at GVFootball, and they've been a hit.

5.jpg

This is what our latest looks like, pretty cool front, but I've never been that cool about the back. On the back of them, its got a little cartoon drawing of a cat and "Its the Cat's Pajama's" on the back. Shaner put that on there mostly because he knew we would buy the shirts anyways. Perhaps on the back of your's you could explain "Mapletolf' to those unfamiler with it. Anyways, thats my advice on the matter.

;)???

And thats why I get pop ups from here when I do check in from the computer labs...... :lol::D

Just go with something simple jim, not a whole lot of need to be fancy. Just see what kind of deal you can get on a large number of green shirts and to have something printed on them, probably in white. You would have figure out a way to get them to people, either by just mailing them out to people, or doing other pre-arrangements with people, because I don't think you can sell them in the parking lot, at least you're not suppost to. Perhaps you could get one of the UND students to sell them out of their dormroom perhaps?? Anyways, we've have done T-shirts at GVFootball, and they've been a hit.

5.jpg

This is what our latest looks like, pretty cool front, but I've never been that cool about the back. On the back of them, its got a little cartoon drawing of a cat and "Its the Cat's Pajama's" on the back. Shaner put that on there mostly because he knew we would buy the shirts anyways. Perhaps on the back of your's you could explain "Mapletolf' to those unfamiler with it. Anyways, thats my advice on the matter.

;)???

And thats why I get pop ups from here when I do check in from the computer labs...... :lol::D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey monster...who are those people in the pic? I haven't seen that one...you can pm me if you don't want to out them here...

I would like to give an honorable mention to MinnesotaNorthStar, who rarely posts here anymore.

I would like to thank the Gopher fans that can post good information:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm touched...I have like 4 bazillion threads to check a day so I ended up reading this one more often than posting this year...look for the non posting trend to not continue in the coming seasons... :lol:

I would say that WPoS doesn't post good information...but he always knows where to find beer and BeerDarts isn't too far behind. And Beer is 2nd only to Sioux hockey ???

Whatever you do Jim, please don't print any version of "cat's pajamas" on the back, front, sleeve, inside, washing instruction tag or anywhere else on the forthcoming Siouxsports.com duds.

But, if you insist, then I reserve the right to make up any story I choose involving anything from midget strippers to Camilla Parker Bowles in order to explain it to the dozens of people that will ask me what it means.

Whatever you do Jim, please don't print any version of "cat's pajamas" on the back, front, sleeve, inside, washing instruction tag or anywhere else on the forthcoming Siouxsports.com duds.

But, if you insist, then I reserve the right to make up any story I choose involving anything from midget strippers to Camilla Parker Bowles in order to explain it to the dozens of people that will ask me what it means.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Midget strippers"? Did I leave The Platinum Fox a few minutes too early last Friday night or what? :lol: