SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations from a Gopher Fan

Five-HoleFrenzy

Congratulations from this Gopher Fan. No sugarcoating this one as it was clear from the outset who wanted to win this game. That the Gophers even scored is really due to the dive by Gino Guyer (very Robbie Earl like, I'd give it a 9.5) and the loss of composure by Canady (I believe) and Prpich. Other than that it was game, set ,and match pretty much throughout. Props to another good performance by Jordan Parise. North Dakota now has the chance to ride his success and the the teams inspired play since the Robbie Bina incident all the way to a National Title. That this comes against Denver makes it all that much better.

Best of Luck against Denver on Saturday, Make it number 8

Congratulations from this Gopher Fan.  No sugarcoating this one as it was clear from the outset who wanted to win this game.  That the Gophers even scored is really due to the dive by Gino Guyer (very Robbie Earl like, I'd give it a 9.5) and the loss of composure by Canady (I believe) and Prpich.  Other than that it was game, set ,and match pretty much throughout.  Props to another good performance by Jordan Parise.  North Dakota now has the chance to ride his success and the the teams inspired play since the Robbie Bina incident all the way to a National Title.  That this comes against Denver makes it all that much better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on how both teams have done with recruiting we'll give you a rematch in next year's Frozen Four.

Congratulations from this Gopher Fan.  No sugarcoating this one as it was clear from the outset who wanted to win this game.  That the Gophers even scored is really due to the dive by Gino Guyer (very Robbie Earl like, I'd give it a 9.5) and the loss of composure by Canady (I believe) and Prpich.  Other than that it was game, set ,and match pretty much throughout.  Props to another good performance by Jordan Parise.  North Dakota now has the chance to ride his success and the the teams inspired play since the Robbie Bina incident all the way to a National Title.  That this comes against Denver makes it all that much better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I now widen my list to 4.5 decent gopher posters.

It appears that I would be in the minority with DaveK in that I also have alot of respect for the Fighting Sioux program along with a primary rooting interest in the Gophers. I know this seems strange to many of you and to most Gopher fans as well but hey at least so far I have avoided the skippy alert sign. :lol:

It appears that I would be in the minority with DaveK in that I also have alot of respect for the Fighting Sioux program along with a primary rooting interest in the Gophers.  I know this seems strange to many of you and to most Gopher fans as well but hey at least so far I have avoided the skippy alert sign.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are in the minority.

However, if you want the skippy alert sign, I think if you asked nicely someone might give you an honorific posting :lol:

I am also a Proud Gopher fan, I am will say that the Better and Stronger team won this game. UND played with Pride and some Heart. I will give them all the credit in the World for this win. I just pray to god that some gopher fans dont b!tch about the refs. The refs called a great game. You might have WPoS say the refs are bad but they did a great job.

I am willing to put $$$ down that both of these teams will be in the Frozen 4 next year. Any Takers? :lol:

It appears that I would be in the minority with DaveK in that I also have alot of respect for the Fighting Sioux program along with a primary rooting interest in the Gophers.  I know this seems strange to many of you and to most Gopher fans as well but hey at least so far I have avoided the skippy alert sign.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only those who deserve it get it. :lol:

Tim Hennessy paid some nice compliments to Don Lucia in his post-game comments. He said Lucia did a heck of job getting the Gophers that far. I agree. Minnesota will be even better next season.

I am willing to put $$$ down that both of these teams will be in the Frozen 4 next year.  Any Takers?:lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could be right. If the Sioux don't lose any defectors to the pros, they should be awesome offensively. Goaltending shouldn't be a problem. The only weak spot might be on defense.

The Sioux completely outplayed the Gophers tonight... The Gopher's were never in the game... Maybe that is why I am not as upset over the loss. We just flat out got beat by a better team.

I also agree on the Guyer play. He should have gone for diving and the UND player should have gone for the crosscheck. Both 2 minutes and 4 on 4. That may have been the worst call of the night.

Good luck in the title game.... DU looks awful good right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the post, and I have a lot of respect for what you said.

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I would have been cheering for the Gophers had they won, but you were very classy about the game. I was actually reading Gopher Puck Live, and read all the anti-"Sue" talk and was even more happy about the win, so reading a post like this from a Gopher fan was refreshing.

I was a Gopher in high school (Grenora Gophers, anyone heard of them?). All I can say is I am so proud that we beat the Gophers, but I would not have wanted to play anyone else. Having an all WCHA Frozen Four was and is the best thing that could have happened to our conference. It is cool that some Gopher fans can also appreciate what has happened and I hope they support the Sioux so the the Panzies don't get the most recent repeat. This has to be one of the best weekends in colege sports. Go Sioux!!!!

GPL is a great site, but just like any site you are going to have people that think they know hockey, but really they just know the drinking before the game and dont know the difference between a Blueline and a CLothesline. The people that really know hockey will know that the better team did win and deserved to win this game. Dont hate all the peeps on GPL but hate the ones that could give a rats butt what happens when the Gophers are no longer playing. I for one am a Gopher fan but also a College Hockey fan. Cant stand the people that just think the World is over once the Gophers are done. I am sure there are UND people like that too, along with other schools. Just ignore them.

Done Ranting now.

I was almost going to give props to the Gophers UNTIL I read the thread on GPL on supporting Denver!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't take long for people to get bitter...

Personally... I really don't care either way who wins on Saturday. I'm am just looking forward to seeing some good hockey in HDTV... Hopfully it keep me going until October.... but it probably won't.

GPL is a great site, but just like any site you are going to have people that think they know hockey, but really they just know the drinking before the game and dont know the difference between a Blueline and a CLothesline.  The people that really know hockey will know that the better team did win and deserved to win this game.  Dont hate all the peeps on GPL but hate the ones that could give a rats butt what happens when the Gophers are no longer playing.  I for one am a Gopher fan but also a College Hockey fan.  Cant stand the people that just think the World is over once the Gophers are done.  I am sure there are UND people like that too, along with other schools.  Just ignore them.

Done Ranting now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Al Michaels :lol: (sorry i just had to say that)

Funny...I would think the Gopher fans would like to hold on to the Back-To-Back thing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DU could win four straight and the back to back wouldn't mean any less to me. They were a lot of fun.

That said I have disliked the way DU has played hockey for many years. Take them down.

Not a lot of holes in the Sioux game right now.