SiouxSports.com Forum

Hennessey on PA and Dubay NOW

dagies

Talked a bit about the rivalry.

Hennessey had called in to refute an earlier caller, a gopher fan who lives in Fargo, who called Dubay to complain about all the gopher bashing that went on during this weeks Coaches Show. He was talking about "the bumbling idiots" that spent the show ripping Potulny, Irmen, and calling some gophers "slimy".

So Hennessey, who apparently has a very friendly relationship with Dubay, called to set the record straight, for which Dubay was very appreciative.

Of note, Dubay asked about why the team turned it around. He mentioned having read the SS message board after the Alaska loss because he was interested in watching the progress of that game as it had implications for where the gophers would be in the WCHA standings. He was amazed at all the Hakstol bashing after that game, and the people calling for his head.

Hennessey said what turned around the season was a "bag skate". Dubay said he was not familiar with that term.

Hennessey went on to explain that a bag skate didn't involve a lot of pucks, you just skate until you puke. Hakstol skated the boys hard, told them that losing was not acceptable ("take another lap!), etc etc.

And since then the team has turned it around.

Too bad our coach sucks.

;)

It was basically Tim clarifying some comments from the coaches show on Wed night that some idiot Gopher fans had twisted around trying to make make bulletin board material. Tim even stated he had the tapes if needed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No need for tapes, we have PCM!!!!!!

So Hennessey, who apparently has a very friendly relationship with Dubay, called to set the record straight, for which Dubay was very appreciative.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the idiot already stated that he has came to ss.com, he could have just came here right away to see what was said on the show. Of course they wouldn't want the facts. ;)

If the idiot already stated that he has came to ss.com, he could have just came here right away to see what was said on the show. Of course they wouldn't want the facts. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to bring up a bad point, but the core of the converstation was about Greene calling Harrington overrated. I listened to it but.......I guess I don't remember that being said. Was it? Does anyone know?

Not to bring up a bad point, but the core of the converstation was about Greene calling Harrington overrated. I listened to it but.......I guess I don't remember that being said. Was it? Does anyone know?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greene didn't call Harrington overrated. He called Tallackson underrated. McMahon called Harrington overrated.

Edit: And I should add that Greene and McMahon were asked by Hennessy to name the Gopher players they thought were overrated and underrated. It's not as if they came up with it on their own.

Edited by PCM

My unofffical recap is that it was very tame... except when TH was off the air and some other guy came on to try to stir the pot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that some guy is Chad Abbot. he is the producer of the PA and Dubay show. He was being a joke ass trying to stir the pot in Gopherland.

Also talked about them calling a player "slimey", when it was actually a comment about Sterling from the boys which was meant to be a compliment about not being able to get a good hit on him. Probably a Bison fan down there calling in to stit it up.

I havent' lived in Grand Forks for quite some time - as you may have already figured out - so can someone help me with who PA and dubay are?

thanks

BTW - myself and a budy of mine (MafiaMan) are catching the bus to Ohio as stops - or at least slows down alot - while passing through the cities. should be fun.

Actually, it was a caller who asked Greene and McMahon to name a gopher who was overrated and underrated.  If Harrington has his best game of the year against us, you can thank the caller.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you're right. I should have checked my own sudo-transcript. I also should have known that Hennessy wouldn't have put the players in that position. Of course, they didn't have to answer the question. ;)

I havent' lived in Grand Forks for quite some time - as you may have already figured out - so can someone help me with who PA and dubay are?

thanks

BTW - myself and a budy of mine (MafiaMan) are catching the bus to Ohio as stops - or at least slows down alot - while passing through the cities.  should be fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PA is Paul Allen. He has a radio talk show on the Fan 1130 am from 9-noon.

Dubbay is just the ultimate Minnesota sports rube who doesn't know very much about hockey. But every year he thinks the Twins will win the world series, the Viks will win the Superbowl and so on. Just the typical bandwagon jumper from the suburbs.