SiouxSports.com Forum

New Contract for Blais?

PCM

There's lots of interesting news in Virg Foss's column in the Herald today.

1. Blais thinks that he might want to stay at UND longer than 10 years.

2. Herb Brooks says he had a lot to do with Zach Parise coming to UND.

3. Sidney Crosby, the Shattuck-St. Mary's player billed as the next Gretzky, will be "unofficially" visiting Grand Forks this weekend.

4. There might be a Sports Illustrated reporter here to do a story on Zach.

Oh, there's also a story about the UAA series.

Brad Berry was on the radio this morning talking about how terrible the ice was last season for the UAA series. He says that it's now "the be-all and end-all" of ice sheets. No more blaming it on the ice. :D

That is great news that they have the ice figured out. teams should be able to skate on good ice.

Big news in Virg's column today, for sure. Too much to hope that Crosby goes the college route. Maybe we should ask Herbie to consult again like he did with Parise!

2. Herb Brooks says he had a lot to do with Zach Parise coming to UND.

I suppose the Gophers fan will be calling for Brook's head now after seeing that in the press. In fact a few of them are a little sensative about not getting him...

I suppose the Gophers fan will be calling for Brook's head now after seeing that in the press. In fact a few of them are a little sensative about not getting him...

I like the discussion on prideonice on how Parise really went to North Dakota because in North Dakota he stands out as a superstar, but in Minnesota he would've just been another player on a team full of stars. The thing that should really burn them up is Herb Brooks actual reasoning (he didn't just say "go to ND"):

I read that herb brooks quote in the newspaper too. First, i figured that he probably just said something about choosing the best school hoping he would pick U of M...... but when he said "and that was north dakota " specifically, i was floored beyond belief. I couldn't get this sh*t eating grin off of my face.