SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina Interview

siouxjoy

I apologize if this is posted in another thread, I didn't have time to read through them all.

Last night on WDAZ, they showed a Sweeney interview of Robbie and he said that it looks good for him to come back to hockey. Crazy!

There is a link to the interview at WDAZ's website:Link

I apologize if this is posted in another thread, I didn't have time to read through them all.

Last night on WDAZ, they showed a Sweeney interview of Robbie and he said that it looks good for him to come back to hockey.  Crazy!

There is a link to the interview at WDAZ's website:Link

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is a STUD!

It shows a lot of character to seemingly put the incident behind him and look and move forward. He is one tough kid.

I know we as fans have had a lot to say about the incident (and still will-rightfully) but we can probably all learn something from his handling of the whole situation.

Get well and hopefully he'll return to the ice.

Go Sioux!

I know Denver has taken a lot of flack from people on this board and from me, especially after dealing with one of the hockey moms from the team last weekend. However, I did think it was worth pointing out that during today's game against Bemidji State, the cameras did show the back of a Denver helmet with green and white horizontal lines and a black #28 drawn thru it. I did think that that was a nice move by DU and I do give Gwoz credit for suspending Paukovich for today's game in addition to the suspension handed down by the WCHA for the Final Five championship game.

That being said, Robbie Bina's attitude toward this whole incident has been unbelievable. Best of luck to you, Robbie!

As I posted in another thread, I felt it was a PR move by DU wearing Bina's number on their helmets. The Sioux didn't have anything on their uniforms that I'm aware of. It took their coach over 4 days to finally say something about Bina in the press. Maybe he called Bina, but I doubt it.

Either way it kind of feels like a slap in the face. We hurt your guy and did nothing for four days and now we're going to get the feel good story out of it.

I'm tring to give Gwoz the benefit of the doubt, smoggycali. I'm hoping the reason he didn't address the issue is because he was awaiting hearing how the surgery went and the prognosis. I'm hoping anyways.

PR move? I don't know if that's a PR move any moreso than the Sioux sporting WALSH jerseys in Maine a few years ago. It's a small gesture for sure, but I for one did think it was nice.

In the interview Robbie said that Gwoz has called him but not Paukowich. I'm amazed at how well Robbie is taking all this.. well not really, he's a class act, a good hockey player and a great person. If anyone would be able to handle this with dignity and class, it'd be Robbie.

Just as a fan, whose stomach was eating away at him because while Robbie was on the ice we couldn't see if he had movement or not, it was AWESOME to see the jersey, and especially the PHOTO of a smiling Robbie Bina in his neckbrace stuck up in the Sioux lockerroom (they showed it on tv tonite).

Good luck, Robbie!

Just as a fan, whose stomach was eating away at him because while Robbie was on the ice we couldn't see if he had movement or not, it was AWESOME to see the jersey, and especially the PHOTO of a smiling Robbie Bina in his neckbrace stuck up in the Sioux lockerroom (they showed it on tv tonite).

Good luck, Robbie!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They talked about Robbie A LOT this weekend. Especially Travis Roy. I think that was the first thing he said on the mic after I'm doing fine.

It's nice to see all of this support.

PR move?  I don't know if that's a PR move any moreso than the Sioux sporting WALSH jerseys in Maine a few years ago.  It's a small gesture for sure, but I for one did think it was nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much different. Those jerseys were auctions off after the game. I can't remember if the money went to help Walsh, or for cancer research.

Yes, I agree, smoggycali, but it was something UND didn't have to do...Blais just did it. The problem I have with everyone ripping on DU and Gwoz is that whatever he and the team do, won't be enough in the eyes of some. I'm just giving them some credit.