BC vs Mercyhurst

dj_hoime

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This could go one of two ways in my book: Close game because BC is coasting or blow-out city. Niagara defeated a pretty good UNH team back in 2000. A few years ago, Mercyhurst gave Michigan all it could handle at Yost in a 4-3 loss. Even Holy Cross gave the Sioux fits last year. However, I think that's more along the lines of teams not giving those teams respect. BC won't make that mistake. 7-1 BC.

Was that the Niagara/UNH game you are referring to, WPoS?  I think that wound up 4-1 Niagara.  All the UNH fans were sure they were gonna beat the Sioux and head to the Frozen Four.  DOH!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the "for sure" game he was talking about involved the Sioux and an ammusement park ride. :lol::lol:

I think the "for sure" game he was talking about involved the Sioux and an ammusement park ride. :lol::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know about that. Ferris was pretty decent that year, and UND had been struggling quite badly leading up to the NCAA tournament. I wasnt surprised at all that UND lost that game.

I'd say a blow out, but you never know....I can think of a "for sure" game a few years back at Mecca that suprised the heck out of everyone... :lol:  :lol:

In one and done, odd things can happen!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand the for sure part, I think the Sioux were expected to win, but weren't they the lower seed? Maybe not but it was a #2 vs. #3, which tend to be closer matchup.

Bottom Line, In the history of college hockey, nobody rises in the tournament like North Dakota, or falls like St. Cloud.

Can the Mercyhurst goalie top Holy Cross' performance last year? Make a save - vomit, another save - vomit.

Mercyhurst looks like an up and down team - they played WI close, before getting blown out the next night. This should be an interesting game. I think I'll take a break typing my paper (and posting on here :lol: ) and watch the 1st period.

Ferris by rights probably should have been considered the favorite. They had a great record and several great players.

It did turn out that UND probably was the superior team, but just didn't get the result. I seem to remember UND outshooting them about two to one, but getting caught up in the hack attack and giving up PP goals.

I went into the weekend expecting a Gophs/Sioux quarterfinal.