SiouxSports.com Forum

Who gets the call?

tp033

"Hakstol said that if the Sioux win tonight, it's not likely he'll play Parise in goal on both Friday and Saturday. Either freshman Philippe Lamoureux or senior Jake Brandt is likely to get a start Friday or Saturday. The mental demands on a goalie's sharpness, Hakstol said, would be as stressing on a goalie as trying to play three games in less than 72 hours." ~Quoted from the Grand Forks Herald

At this point does Brandt get a shot after not playing a game forever? I'm assuming Hak was just throwing his name in the mix to be nice but I have heard several other people say they wouldn't be surprised to see him get a nod in the playoffs. It would shock me but I'm wondering if others think differently? I know he's a senior but I think age gets thrown away come playoffs. Best man/men gets the call.

I'm excited at the way Jordy is playing and he is clearly the man unless he has a disaster. I do think it is a good idea to play someone else in the final five to give Jordy some rest and keep sharp mentally. Philippe has proven himself this year and is waiting in the wings competing for the job. If the sioux win one or two does Philippe get the shot? I hope so.

Kudos to Brandt though. I hear he is a firecracker in the locker room getting everyone pumped up and he was fun to watch out on the ice after the sweep of Duluth.

jakes been a great team player this year with all the bad luck..jordan is the man now. he plays friday if he plays well tonight and then decide on sunday when the time comes.

1st thing 1st...BEAT WISCONSIN or this topic is void.......................

I don't think Lammy's sitting for the past few games is necessarily a reflection of how "bad" he's been playing, so much as how the rest of the team, including JPar, have played. I would expect Hakstol to have Brandt carrying a clip board.

jake will be in his baseball cap and will be cheering like always and phil will be ready as well.

not sure about others but don't back up quarterbacks carry clipboards not back up goalies. never seen a goalie with a clipboard :lol:

I don't think Lammy's sitting for the past few games is necessarily a reflection of how "bad" he's been playing, so much as how the rest of the team, including JPar, have played.

1st thing 1st...BEAT WISCONSIN or this topic is void.......................

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Point well taken. I completly agree but I couldn't believe that I had heard people at the arena saying they thought Brandt would get a nod.

That's take care of business tonight and make this thread newsworthy.

I don't think Brandt will play. I use as evidence his warmup routine in the Sunday game against Wisconsin. He took a total of zero shots, instead spending the entire time talking to the refs. And then last week he spent the entire warmup trying to irritate Bulldog players. :lol:

I don't think Lammy's sitting for the past few games is necessarily a reflection of how "bad" he's been playing, so much as how the rest of the team, including JPar, have played.  I would expect Hakstol to have Brandt carrying a clip board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Jordan has been ON FIRE. And if it isn't broken, don't fix it. You NEVER EVER replace a hot goaltender heading into the playoffs.

I think Hakstol is doing the right thing by doing this. We are NOT expected to win the WCHA, so why push so hard if we want to try to make the more important run (the NCAAs)?

Jordan will play tonight because the Friday game does have SOME importance to it (even though it is more important to UW than us) and we're entering the playoffs, which means the playoffs start with Jordan. If we win vs UW, I'd expect Phil to play against DU. If we lose, we lose nothing except face really and UW will go on to be slaughtered by DU.

Jake will not play again as a Sioux. Gosh that sucks to say, but it is true. It was a good run while it lasted, but Phil is the future and Jordan is today.