SiouxSports.com Forum

Blue Ice?

dagies

Americans' players liked it.

"It's kind of cool, actually," forward Thomas Vanek said. "It doesn't affect my game."

Goaltender Ryan Miller said he initially had difficulty picking up the puck, but is in favor of changing colors if it helps market the game.

"Any kind of change would help," Miller said. "If they feel like people aren't able to watch or follow on TV, we should make it more television-friendly."

Notice that they interviewed Vanek, a hated ex-Gopher who's not an American, and Ryan Miller, who stole the Hobey Baker from Jeff Panzer. If these guys are for it, I'm automatically against it. ;)

Besides, who wants to play hockey on an ice sheet that looks like it's made out of Tidy Bowl water? :0:)

Light blue ice? The blue lines become orange, but the red line goes dark blue? With those colors shouldn't NYI be playing on it? :)

So, should UND go to a soft tint of green ice? :0

I'm sure Sioux fans would gladly help give a soft tint of yellow to the ice in The John. ;) ;)

Hockey is hands-down the best live spectator sport there is and it's mediocore at best watching on TV (unless you were st Sensors last weekend with the Bulldog fans). However, I saw the AHL All Star game on ESPN in HD and that made a signifigant improvement.

PS, the blue tinge on the ice from old hockey games on TV is from the cameras getting warm (I believe).

Hockey is hands-down the best live spectator sport there is and it's mediocore at best watching on TV (unless you were st Sensors last weekend with the Bulldog fans).  However, I saw the AHL All Star game on ESPN in HD and that made a signifigant improvement.

PS, the blue tinge on the ice from old hockey games on TV is from the cameras getting warm (I believe).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

correct me if i'm wrong, but, most concrete underneath the ice that i have seen already has a blue tint to it. i might be wrong and it could just be the facilities i have seen this in (never NCAA or NHL venue) but maybe the blue tint at the olympics could be from thin ice?? I could be extremely wrong about this.

I have been telling everyone here that HD is the answer for hockey on TV.  What, do I need PCM to say it?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, you have to buy me an HD TV so I can watch hockey on it. Then I'll say it. :D

its way to fast pace for a casual sports fan..little puck that you can't see that well. it just is not great for tv so they will try anything to get a new tv contract with espn which generated better ratings for the poker show "tilt" than nhl hockey..