Who who will the Final Five?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who who will the Final Five?

• Denver
    • Colorado College
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • North Dakota

In today's Herald, Virg Foss picks UND to beat Wisconsin, then lose to Denver and Minnesota.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: The Sioux this weekend will become the first play-in team ever to win the Broadmoor Trophy.

Why?

Because in athletics, records are set to be broken, streaks are started to be ended and trends are established to be reversed. If everything happened as expected, we wouldn't watch sports because they'd be boring as dry toast.

Reading Hakstol's comments in the Herald, it sounds as if he'll be satisfied with a win over Wisconsin and not much else.

I don't think so. My feeling is that the team leaders know that momentum was established against UMD. Their best shot at a national championship is to maintain it. Backing into the NCAA playoffs with two straight losses doesn't do that.

I see the Sioux beating Wisconsin, then being highly motivated by the revenge factor to knock off Denver. Minnesota will beat Colorado College, setting up a rematch of last year's classic Final Five championship game.

Nobody will need to get the Sioux fired up for that game. The aches, pains and fatigue from the last two games will be forgotten. The Sioux will defeat the Gophers in the X and skate the cup in front of disbelieving Gopher fans.

I went to Sam's Club last night and bought a 10 pack of VHS tapes. This is going to be a Fighting Sioux season that's remembered for a long, long time.

In today's Herald, Virg Foss picks UND to beat Wisconsin, then lose to Denver and Minnesota.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: The Sioux this weekend will become the first play-in team ever to win the Broadmoor Trophy.

Why?

Because in athletics, records are set to be broken, streaks are started to be ended and trends are established to be reversed. If everything happened as expected, we wouldn't watch sports because they'd be boring as dry toast.

Reading Hakstol's comments in the Herald, it sounds as if he'll be satisfied with a win over Wisconsin and not much else.

I don't think so. My feeling is that the team leaders know that momentum was established against UMD. Their best shot at a national championship is to maintain it. Backing into the NCAA playoffs with two straight losses doesn't do that.

I see the Sioux beating Wisconsin, then being highly motivated by the revenge factor to knock off Denver. Minnesota will beat Colorado College, setting up a rematch of last year's classic Final Five championship game.

Nobody will need to get the Sioux fired up for that game. The aches, pains and fatigue from the last two games will be forgotten. The Sioux will defeat the Gophers in the X and skate the cup in front of disbelieving Gopher fans.

I went to Sam's Club last night and bought a 10 pack of VHS tapes. This is going to be a Fighting Sioux season that's remembered for a long, long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damned Straight PCM. Damned straight. You are at the helm of the Bandwagon. Only let the true believers on board.

Funny thing, I bought a big load of VHS tapes at Best Buy last night for the exact same reason, along with the new Kathleen Edwards cd. A drunken Canadien broad who rocks with the best. Has a tune called "Hockey Skates." It's karma. It's focus. It's tradition. Sioux sk828.

Are Virg and DH bagging the Final Five? :lol: I wonder if Virg is assuming we would lose to the Gophers because it is the third game in three days. One thing that hasn't been discussed, is that the Minnesota rule will likely hurt the Gophers. I think they are going to lose Friday night, and then they are going to have to play right away Saturday afternoon.

I think the 4th line play will be critical in this tournament. Partly, they have to get on the ice, which means 5 on 5 hockey. Penalties on both sides limit their ice time. Of course the talent level drops off, but I'd put UND's 4th line up against any other team's 4th line. I'll take that match up all weekend long.

I think the 4th line play will be critical in this tournament.  Partly, they have to get on the ice, which means 5 on 5 hockey.  Penalties on both sides limit their ice time.  Of course the talent level drops off, but I'd put UND's 4th line up against any other team's 4th line.  I'll take that match up all weekend long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fourth line was on the power play last weekend. :lol:

VHS tapes, what are these? :lol:

Damned Straight PCM. Damned straight. You are at the helm of the Bandwagon. Only let the true believers on board.

Funny thing, I bought a big load of VHS tapes at Best Buy last night for the exact same reason, along with the new Kathleen Edwards cd. A drunken Canadien broad who rocks with the best. Has a tune called "Hockey Skates." It's karma. It's focus. It's tradition. Sioux sk828.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2k5 is a great hockey game. fun to play online..tivo is great.hope to get these games in HDTV..

sioux win tonight 5-2.......zajac(1) stafford (2)

mcmahon(1) murray (1)

greene gets a couple of nice hits on EARL.........

Inspirational, PCM. Hope to heck it happens but I'm not as confident. That's a tall mountain to climb, and I've heard a hockey player talk about how little is left in the tank for a 3rd game in 3 days.

Nothing is impossible however, and I'll be giving the team all the energy I can from the cheap seats.

Inspirational, PCM.  Hope to heck it happens but I'm not as confident.  That's a tall mountain to climb, and I've heard a hockey player talk about how little is left in the tank for a 3rd game in 3 days.

Nothing is impossible however, and I'll be giving the team all the energy I can from the cheap seats.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only upset I can see happening is that; if they run out of beer at the X-Cel. Then I will be upset. :lol:

I think part of the equation is: How motivated is the opposition? If UND's opponents after Wisconsin know that their seeding in the NCAA playoffs is essentially a moot point, then their incentive to win might not be as great, opening the door for an upset.

I know it's a long shot. However, stranger things have happened in sports.

Yes, and while the Broadmoor trophy is nice it's not all that important. However, going down in history as the first team to accomplish such a feat would mean a whole lot more.

Let's hope we take the first step tonite.

Tried ESPN 2k5 this year (or is it 2k4?). They have a flaw in the dynasty mode. Can't have injuries on or they freeze up. Got that info from tech support. Yeah I called tech support for a video game. I'm ticked. I had spent over 40 hours playing the damn season and it froze at the end.

Back to EA for me, but thank you ESPN for dropping the price.

On the thread note and this is mainly for PCM:

I would love to see the Sioux win the Final Five and I agree with the momemtum statement, but it worries me for heading into the NCAA's. That Thursday game (if we get it) sure could be rough.

Tried ESPN 2k5 this year (or is it 2k4?).  They have a flaw in the dynasty mode.  Can't have injuries on or they freeze up.  Got that info from tech support.  Yeah I called tech support for a video game.  I'm ticked.  I had spent over 40 hours playing the damn season and it froze at the end.

Back to EA for me, but thank you ESPN for dropping the price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, 2K5 has too many bugs. It is unfortunate they have stupd QA people. However, it is not as bad as EA who actually fired their long-time project manager because the game sucked so bad this year. Plus I hate EA for buying exclusive deals to eliminate the competition (NFL and NASCAR so far), and the leagues that sold them are just as bad. I don't care for the NBA, but at least they told EA they wouldn't do it.