SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology USCHO.COM

dj_hoime

After last night, it becomes increasingly likely that the Sioux make it in. A win in the UMD series would seem to make us a virtual lock.

We got some help last night, again, when Maine beat Lowell. And everybody int he WCHA got helped when Michigan State beat Miami ... (Gophers are back to a #1 seed and that puts CC and DU somewhere else ...)

After last night, it becomes increasingly likely that the Sioux make it in.  A win in the UMD series would seem to make us a virtual lock.

We got some help last night, again, when Maine beat Lowell.  And everybody int he WCHA got helped when Michigan State beat Miami ... (Gophers are back to a #1 seed and that puts CC and DU somewhere else ...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish the Sioux could face the Dirty Gophers in the playoffs. It would be fun watching the Sioux dismantle Briggs.

Cornell on a regular ice sheet is an opponent to be respected. Cornell on the big ice gets dismantled by any of the WCHA teams that get into the Dance.

I actually hope Minnesota gets the #1 seed, because I think it is fairer (competitive equity) but also b/c it increases the odds of 3 WCHA teams at the Frrrrozen Ffffour.

Updated brackets

The draw is a bit tougher this morning:

Grand Rapids:

Bemidji State vs. Colorado College

North Dakota vs. Michigan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would gladly take this bracket too. IF the stinking Irish can hold the Wolverines to one overtime goal the Sioux should have not problems. Also Montoya is a sieve. Finally, to play Colorado College in a normal size hockey arena would suit the Sioux just fine.