SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to watch

dakotadan

I am taking off on thursday to head to phoenix for spring break. I know there is at least one bar in the phoenix/tempe area that usually plays Sioux games throughout the year. I would love to be able to watch the Sat. game while there(hopefully we win the first two so that there is no need for a sunday game). Anyone know exactly which bars these are and where they are located?

P.S.

It just dawned on me that we are going through Denver. We might spend Friday night with a friend of ours if we are all sick of driving by that point. We are planning on just alternating drivers the whole way through but we'll see. Anyone know where I might be able to catch the Fri. game in Denver if we happen to be there at that time? Wow, this could be kind of fun. If there is a Sunday game, maybe I should drive to Las Vegas to watch that game!!! :lol:

I was in Phoenix last year for spring break and I watched the games at RT O'Sullivans I believe. There was pretty many Sioux fans there. There are also many other places that show the games as well. I recommend calling first to make sure. I am not really sure where its located but Iknow it was a pretty good time.

I was in Phoenix last year for spring break and I watched the games at RT O'Sullivans I believe.  There was pretty many Sioux fans there.  There are also many other places that show the games as well.  I recommend calling first to make sure.  I am not really sure where its located but Iknow it was a pretty good time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O'Sullivans is the big place to hit for Sioux action.

Just make sure you hit downtown Tempe. The Library is a great walkthrough. It is a bar. But the real action now is just east of the ASU campus.

That is who I had in mind when I posted this forum. I actually lived in Phoenix for about a year and just moved back to GF a little over a year ago. If I recall correctly isn't O'Sullivans in downtown Phoenix near BankOne Ballpark? I am pretty sure that I have heard of a place in Tempe near ASU that also carries Sioux games occassionally.

RTO'SULLIVANS...

corner of southern and alma school road in mesa,az....

6:30 gametime AZ time friday and 6:00 az time sat........

will be there sat but have to work friday night. phoenix suns have a game so won't be able to watch it...damn!!!!

thank god or TIVO!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I am staying up on Bell Rd. by the 101 loop, up in the NW corner of the city but we were planning on heading down by ASU and that area so we will be kinda close. We will have to come watch the game on Saturday and then head on over to Mill Ave.

• 3 weeks later...
THX..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A big thank you for the info. I'm just a lurker here, living in Gopher country now (ugh) but moving to the Phoenix area soon. I will actually be working down there next week, and will have to find this place in Mesa on Thursday. With the time change and all it's going to be 5pm Phoenix time though. I hope I can skip out of the office a bit early :)

A big thank you for the info. I'm just a lurker here, living in Gopher country now (ugh) but moving to the Phoenix area soon. I will actually be working down there next week, and will have to find this place in Mesa on Thursday. With the time change and all it's going to be 5pm Phoenix time though. I hope I can skip out of the office a bit early :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to clarify, won't the game be at 4pm Phoenix time? I thought that Arizona doesn't observe daylight saving time, so after the time change, won't they be 3 hrs. behind Eastern time? I've been checking into this as I will be in the Phoenix area next week also.

Just to clarify, won't the game be at 4pm Phoenix time? I thought that Arizona doesn't observe daylight saving time, so after the time change, won't they be 3 hrs. behind Eastern time? I've been checking into this as I will be in the Phoenix area next week also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct, unless AZ recently changed and now use DST.

Just got back from Phoenix last night. They DO NOT go on Daylight Time, so it will be 3 hours difference (Thursday game time at 4 PM Phoenix time). My son, who lives there, is not too happy about the start time, but what are you gonna do.

Aren't the games going to be on ESPN or ESPN 2 ? If not, there are a few places you may be able to watch. There is O'Sullivan's, of course, but if you are up in Scottsdale, try the Buffalo Wild Wings at a shopping center a few miles north of Bell road (I'm not sure of the exact address). They were very hospitable to us so we could watch the UND-BU game on Friday night. Most of the tvs in the place were showing basketball.

It was more difficult to find a place to see the Saturday night game, as the places were packed with Arizona basketball fans watching their choke out vs Illinois. The one tv showing the Sioux game at Wild Wings had no available seating near it, so we ended up going to a place called Jillian's in the Desert Ridge Shopping Center in Scottsdale. They did have the game on one of the many big screens, so we could at least see the second and third periods of the BC defeat, even though the place was going bonkers for the basketball game (AZ vs Illinois).

Enjoy the weather and hope you can watch and enjoy the Sioux when you're there.