SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies - Friday Night

Blackheart

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've loved for Kessel to have committed to a team like UMD.  I heard he went MN because of his girlfriend?  SOme hockey player...jeez...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He claims that had nothing to do with it bec apparently she is a Jr in HS yet, so she has another year. Still, doesn't say much for a hockey player. Not like he's gonna have a problem picking up any females.

He claims that had nothing to do with it bec apparently she is a Jr in HS yet, so she has another year. Still, doesn't say much for a hockey player. Not like he's gonna have a problem picking up any females.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So he'll be gone by the time she is at Minnesota. :huh:

I would take Parise never playing again, he is the worst goalie in the world, his stats are padded by the peoople who count shots on goal and gets lucky on every shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Skippy nothing better to do on a Saturday night than hang out with Sioux fans.

tied for 9th in pairwise with.003-.002-.001 bonus. really did not lose any ground with the bonus. please just win tonight

well we dropped to 13th in the pairwise creeping to 16

WE MUST PLAY WITH MORE JUMP!!!!! THIS IS A WEEKEND WE NEEDED 4 POINTS NOT 3 OR 2 OR 1 IT'S SCSU FOR GOD SAKES! :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would take Parise never playing again, he is the worst goalie in the world, his stats are padded by the peoople who count shots on goal and gets lucky on every shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A question for you hockey10 - Does the "10" reflect your age or your IQ?

The problem with inbreeding is that the eyes are the first to go, followed closely by the early onset of dementia and ... when alcohol is added to the mix, the result is a pathetic babbling idiot who can't see a thing.

Was at the game last night.

Officiating. I felt a couple calls against the Sioux were pretty weak. The first call against the Sioux for hooking was pretty weak, as was another later in the game, and so was the roughing or high sticking call on Schneider in the 3rd. As per the hooking calls, maybe they went both ways but my kelly green clouded glasses blocked that from my vision. Schneider's call was pretty weak, though I will admit it was on the other end of the ice. It looked incidental to me. The play was blown dead, a player was skating into Schneider and was trying to stop, so leaning backwards. Schneider threw up the stick to protect himself and caught the guy in the chest. Since he was already leaning backward over he went, and Schneider went to the box. Looked accidental to me, but I guess you never know.

Other than that, nothing much to complain about on that front.

I thought Murray looked pretty good out there. I always stopped breathing when he got close to the boards. Was surprised to see him on the ice. Genoway seemed to be skating well during warm-ups.

Radke looked good out there to me. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say he was always positioned well, or handled his responsibilities well, but I thought he did a good job, and got off a GREAT one timer at one point that was high of the net. He's a very fast and agile skater. Was happy to see him play. He had a bit of trouble handling the puck a couple times early in the game but no more than some other players, and got better as the game went on.

Greene and Jones looked very good.

Fuher struggled a few times with good passes and getting the puck to the net. Sometimes fired away without looking to see if the alley was open and the shot would get blocked high in the zone.

Zajac looked great out there, and Spirko was good, but didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.

Massen had a great game, I thought, except for losing control of the puck and having it center, leading to a goal. That hit he put on the Husky player was absolutely bone-crushing, and happened right underneath us. A real highlight. He was good with the puck all night, and skated aggressively.

Canady was really flying around.

Bina looked good. On one power play the D opened a lane up for him so he drove to the net. Put a good move on and a shot but was stopped.

Stafford can really dipsy-doodle in tight spaces, but often ends up losing the puck. He had one 3rd period chance where he dipsied and doodled to the goalies left, bought himself some room and a chance, and the launched a quick wrister about 10 feet over the net. It was an excellent play and a real quick shot, but was a bit surprising to us that he missed my so much.

McMahon really put on a nice move to open himself up on that shorty rush. Unfortunately he thought he had five hole which ended up being well covered. I think the difference between a good hard working forward and a real goal scorer is right there. He'd worked himself into the open and cranked off the shot which was easily blocked. I think a goal scorer would have held that puck a little longer until a better opening was created and then buried it.

But what do I know, I was questioning why Prpich came out as the 6th attacker on the delayed penalty call and he promptly scores!!!

Anyway, was fun to see a game again live.

Was at the game last night.

Officiating.  I felt a couple calls against the Sioux were pretty weak.  The first call against the Sioux for hooking was pretty weak, as was another later in the game, and so was the roughing or high sticking call on Schneider in the 3rd.  As per the hooking calls, maybe they went both ways but my kelly green clouded glasses blocked that from my vision.  Schneider's call was pretty weak, though I will admit it was on the other end of the ice.  It looked incidental to me.  The play was blown dead, a player was skating into Schneider and was trying to stop, so leaning backwards.  Schneider threw up the stick to protect himself and caught the guy in the chest. Since he was already leaning backward over he went, and Schneider went to the box.  Looked accidental to me, but I guess you never know.

Other than that, nothing much to complain about on that front.

I thought Murray looked pretty good out there.  I always stopped breathing when he got close to the boards.  Was surprised to see him on the ice.  Genoway seemed to be skating well during warm-ups.

Radke looked good out there to me.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to say he was always positioned well, or handled his responsibilities well, but I thought he did a good job, and got off a GREAT one timer at one point that was high of the net.  He's a very fast and agile skater.  Was happy to see him play.  He had a bit of trouble handling the puck a couple times early in the game but no more than some other players, and got better as the game went on.

Greene and Jones looked very good.

Fuher struggled a few times with good passes and getting the puck to the net.  Sometimes fired away without looking to see if the alley was open and the shot would get blocked high in the zone.

Zajac looked great out there, and Spirko was good, but didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.

Massen had a great game, I thought, except for losing control of the puck and having it center, leading to a goal.  That hit he put on the Husky player was absolutely bone-crushing, and happened right underneath us.  A real highlight.  He was good with the puck all night, and skated aggressively.

Canady was really flying around. 

Bina looked good.  On one power play the D opened a lane up for him so he drove to the net.  Put a good move on and a shot but was stopped.

Stafford can really dipsy-doodle in tight spaces, but often ends up losing the puck.  He had one 3rd period chance where he dipsied and doodled to the goalies left, bought himself some room and a chance, and the launched a quick wrister about 10 feet over the net.  It was an excellent play and a real quick shot, but was a bit surprising to us that he missed my so much.

McMahon really put on a nice move to open himself up on that shorty rush.  Unfortunately he thought he had five hole which ended up being well covered.  I think the difference between a good hard working forward and a real goal scorer is right there.  He'd worked himself into the open and cranked off the shot which was easily blocked.  I think a goal scorer would have held that puck a little longer until a better opening was created and then buried it. 

But what do I know, I was questioning why Prpich came out as the 6th attacker on the delayed penalty call and he promptly scores!!!

Anyway,  was fun to see a game again live.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great insight. I wish I was at the game. TH doesn't give many great impression on individual performances because it is difficult to do that and still call the game. The only player you didn't mention was Prpich (except for the 6th attacker thing). What did you notice of him during the game? It was my impression that his name was called a lot by TH and it seemed (as much as one can say regarding the radio) that Prpich was all over the place.

The only thing I don't understand, and perhaps you can clarify, was one a penalty kill it appeared as though Stafford and Zajac had the puck in the SCSU zone but they never shot the puck and it ended up getting turned over and cleared to start a rush the other way (I think it was briefly a 4 on 2 rush IIRC). Why do you think they didn't shoot?

Great insight.  I wish I was at the game.  TH doesn't give many great impression on individual performances because it is difficult to do that and still call the game.  The only player you didn't mention was Prpich (except for the 6th attacker thing).  What did you notice of him during the game?  It was my impression that his name was called a lot by TH and it seemed (as much as one can say regarding the radio) that Prpich was all over the place.

The only thing I don't understand, and perhaps you can clarify, was one a penalty kill it appeared as though Stafford and Zajac had the puck in the SCSU zone but they never shot the puck and it ended up getting turned over and cleared to start a rush the other way (I think it was briefly a 4 on 2 rush IIRC).  Why do you think they didn't shoot?

When I finished that post I thought about adding something about Prpich but figured no one would be reading by the end of that thing anyway! Yes, I think Prp had a good game. He was creating chances, and pestering opponents that way he always does. But he appeared to keep his head straight and not get caught up in things that would put him in the box. I'm trying to remember, but I think he got one high sticking call but it wasn't a chippy play. He raised the other guy's stick but apparently got his blade up high and that's what the call was for, so it could have happened to anyone. Prp was active all over the ice and I thought he played well.

I don't clearly remember that shorty situation other than remembering people comment on "why didn't he shoot". If I remember it correctly Zajac came in with Stafford 2-1 and Zajac tried to pass across to Stafford rather than take the shot. Had he taken the shot, I think the goalie was in decent position, but you hope for a rebound that Stafford might have potted. The D was in between the 2 of them. However, I think Zajac was hoping to get the puck to Stafford who would have had a better opportunity. Next time he might shoot that puck.

It was a good try, but you hate to see a 2-1 shorthanded go by the boards without at least a shot on goal.