SiouxSports.com Forum

DU-CC

7>4

CC up 3-0 over DU in the third. About 4:00 minutes left.

FINAL

CC 3 DU 0. CC survives a 6 on 3 the last minute. CC clinches share of the McNaughton Cup. As a side note, they presented the Cup after the game. Wonder if they will do it again tomorrow if Denver wins the rematch and a share of the Cup?

The BIGGEST game of the year in the WCHA this year, and only one post and reply? I have been out, and wondering about what a great college hockey game and atmosphere was at the World Arena tonight.

Thanks for the info 7>4, and for the reasoned reply from Sagard on an interesting question.

Meanwhile, the idiots - no slam intended - continue to obsess ad naseum over on the Kessel thread over what is now a really tired and beaten story. Get over it. Kessel is just another recruit going to play in the WCHA. A storied recruit, sure. A sure fire success story? I don't think so.

Let's drop the puck before we start any petitions for Sainthood. I could care less about the kid. Truth be told, Marty Sertich will prove to be a much better college player than Kessel. After all, the kid grew up in Wisconsin. Ain't many athletes of any renown ever come out of that cesspool.

Gwozdecky on record in today's paper saying he is looking forward to celebrating the Cup after tonights game. Last night got real chippy in the third. Should be a good game. DU has to win by three or more to win the tiebreaker for the playoffs.

As a side note, they presented the Cup after the game.  Wonder if they will do it again tomorrow if Denver wins the rematch and a share of the Cup?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From USCHO's weekly WCHA column:

WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod has worked out an arrangement with both teams on how the Cup will be presented in a number of different scenarios. If CC wins Thursday night, clinching at least a share of the title, there will be a short presentation after that game at the World Arena. Otherwise, a presentation would happen at Magness Arena after Friday's finale.

The first period reminded me alot of last years regional. Campion let both teams get away with alot of clutch and grab, hacking and even hits from behind. Denver were extra heavy on their muggings of Sertich and Sterling most of the night. The Pies had brought back Larsen for this series but he got crunched real good at the end of the first and reinjured his leg (left the game). Denver was never the same defensively and could not solve the CC defense and goaltending.