SiouxSports.com Forum

Kaip Interview in the GF Herald

dagies

Kaip Interview in the GF Herald

Impact on the team:

"The way he started the season with his strong play against Maine," Hakstol said, "he looked like he was on track to be a key part of our team, and he certainly was among our top nine forwards."
Good news for Rylan:
Kaip is encouraged when doctors tell him they haven't heard of any case where PCS doesn't clear up in time.

Kaip said he takes hope in that a brother of a friend of his had PCS, and has returned to play hockey in the Western Hockey League. "He had all the same symptoms as me, including trouble in school where he couldn't write his exams," Kaip said. "After a couple of months, he was able to get back playing."

Good luck, Rylan.

Kaip's absence is one of the main reasons why this team is struggling a bit.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. He brings heart and soul, and an ethic to boot.

He is also a gentleman, and a fine representative of the team. This I know because he kindly and patiently gave my daughter and her friend a photo op at The Ralph a few weeks back. Sadly, the camera malfunctioned for the girls and the photo is but a blur . . . . .

Here is hoping that he will be back for three more solid seasons of Fighting Sioux hockey.

A question for someone with NCAA knowledge.

I don't know the details on medical redshirts, but would he be eligible for an extra year with the amount of time he missed?  I assume the answer is no because he did play regularly for a couple of months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the rule is he can't have competed in more than 20% of the games in a particular season.

What I understand of what Rylan brings to the Sioux is not something like Brady Murray. My understanding is that Rylan isn't that big time of a scorer.

What he does bring is defensive smarts, forechecking talent, and all around solid defensive forward. He works hard and is great in the corners (like Porter). I would say, using just Sioux forwards, I would compare him to a Porter-McMahon cross.

I wouldn't expect 15 goals or more from him, but he could reach double digits in assists and perhaps approach it in goals. But what I would expect from him is a pretty good +/- and a lot of quality time on the penalty kill.

I can't imagine what Kaip-Zajac or Kaip-McMahon pairing on the PK would be like. :silly: