SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Women

Riverman

I am :p that we didn't come close to even 6,000 fans.

What are we NDSU fans? Only show when the team wins? :p

They(the women) deserve more. This is a D1 program! ;)

And some blame does fall on UND. $7.00 per adult? Are you kidding?

Were was the media push?

As I step off the soap box, congrads to the womens team beat those Eagles Sunday! ;)

Heck, I'm wondering where the fans were for the Niagara series. Sure, Niagara isn't a powerhouse and is a non-conference opponent, but you'd think the REA would be packed just to see Parise. Saturday was better than Friday, but there were still a lot of empty seats.

I went to the game yesterday (sat), couple comments about the sioux team. They have one line that just kick's ARSE. the goaltender played pretty well with the exception of one very soft fluke goal. In a couple years i think they will be able to play with pretty much any team in the country.

Couple observations:

Hinkley(the other goalie) played very well today. She made some big saves. It struck me that she looked pretty big. She is only listed at 5-8. Then it dawned that she IS as big as the Sioux men's goalies.:p

In general played good defensively allowed a lot less shots on goal.

I am impressed with Mutrie's speed(F) and White's defensive skills(F).

Kovacevich (D) had a very good game as well- a goal and an assist for sure. She reminds me of Commodore in that she can't seem to stay out of the box -- not that that is always a bad thing :p

Despite the fact that it is a completely different game without the checking (well the legal stuff anyway). I enjoyed it nearly as much and am looking forward to watching the improvement over the next few years. I would imagine increased scholarships will be a key.

732 how very sad Grand Forks. :p

PCM, Maybe the Fighting Sioux Network isn't such a good thing. I myself hope it was because that these were NC games.

Back to the women.Players improved from yesterday.Natasha(13)

Play makers Liz(17) she just isn't out there to skate! ;)

As for the No Checking.

If it's hard for the fans to adjust, just think what it's like for the gals who played on boys teams! :p

Allow me to beat my favorite dead horse: lackluster marketing of UND sports. I think we could have put 7,000 butts in the seats for the first game with an all-out effort that included at the very least hitting up one of Sioux Athletics' corporate partners for a big prize giveaway (must be present to win)--new car, all expense-paid trip to Ralph's Imperial Palace in Vegas, something that big. As it was, I think the "draw" was hot dog and Coke for $2.

Although there were only about 700 of us there on Sunday, we were loud, proud and appreciative of the girls' efforts. I'm looking forward to watching this team develop.

Chix with Stix Rock!

Yeah, What She Said! :p

although the "Sioux" part of the national anthem was a little sad ;)

heck I think REA could have accomplished it by giving away something that may not cost them anything. For Example, the use of a suite for you and 20 of your closest friends for an event they hadn't planned to sell out. Or an REA parking pass for the directors club or suite level for the year. I know we could use an extra one and non FSC members would probably love one. Heck why stop there; free programs for a year or $200 worth of food (that is only a couple hot dogs :p )

Now you've got me thinkin...dangerous you know. Is there a suggestion box somewhere? I need to put in a request for at least one sink in a bathroom where I can get the water on without waving my arms like a lunatic in front of it. And then there is the multi-level Betty Englestad parking Garage...

I need to put in a request for at least one sink in a bathroom where I can get the water on without waving my arms like a lunatic in front of it.

soSIOUXme,

This sounds like it could be more than a water problem. Slow down the hand movements. :p

sSm,

IMHO the women's tickets should 1/2 the price they are. And as YaneA

pointed out a little more marketing by UND and REA couldn't hurt.

Roger should spend a little more time on the women's hockey program now that the football season is over. :p

Time to build up the only other D1 sport in the Dakota's! ;);):p

A resounding yes to all of the above. Although I must confess that since I bought 3 season tickets and 2 were half price. I only pay a little over $2 a game to get in. heck even at full price it is only like $3.30 a game. Besides lowering single GA tickets maybe they could try family pack season tickets like some of the other arenas. That way you don't have to pay $5 for a 4 year old to go.

I do think that they should have the big screen on (cameras) even when attend. is low. It is part of the fun for both kids and adults alike. The games are more inventive maybe we could spread the word about those. The frozen t-shirt contest is highly amusing.

Bring back turkey bowling!

While all the little things may not seem to have much to do with hockey, they are part of what generates new fans. Why dress like a moron holding a giant finger if no one is going to notice?!

On a different tangent Does anyone have any idea what the markup on a $4.75 hotdog is?! Astronomical I think the arena would sell twice as much food and have happier fans if they lowered prices.

Ok I am done rambling now :p