SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

01grad

I usually vote for Hobey Baker each year and always pick Sioux players to represent our great team, but this year it is difficult to pick a standout player. I decided to go with Genoway, Zajac, Stafford and Lamoreux since we don't have defensemen putting up big numbers. Hopefully these guys along with Spirko are dominant down the stretch.

I am sure that Sertich, Sterling and Potulny will be WCHA frontrunners if they can keep up the great play.

Who would you all pick?

Vote our players on, it's quick and easy to sign up!

www.hobeybaker.com

Briggs might get some attention too.

MTU's Lars Helminen might get some attention too, one of the nations leading defensive scores for a really bad team. I wish I could see him in person but unfortunately I have to be out of town when MTU plays at MN.

The way Stafford played in the WJT makes me think he will play himself into contention too.

We do not have anyone who is close to even being considerd at this point. One of the few years in recent memory where a Sioux player was not mentioned as a possible candidate for the award. Zajac has arguably been the best player for the Sioux this year as a freshman and that is not a good sign considering the large senior class we have. Hence, the average first half of the season. In my opinion Genoway and McMahon are the only seniors who have stepped up their games this year. Without increased production from some of the other seniors we will be lucky to sneak into the tournament. Hopefully the break will re-energize the team for the second half of the season and we can cut down on penalties and start scoring some more goals.