SiouxSports.com Forum

where was Breezer?

YaneA

What was the deal with the eagle wearing the WJC jersey in the stands yesterday?  What happened to the polar bear, Breezer, who's supposed to be tourney mascot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who cares? I thought Breezer was a dumb mascot. I'll think the eagle will be dumb too if it steps onto the ice.

Redwing: dumb mascot maybe, but great name--Breezer--if I do say so myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought a great intermission activity would be to "chuck a puck" at Breezer. Knock him over or any part of his costume off and you win a prize or are entered into a drawing for a prize.

Dumb mascots cool name or not, don't belong on the ice.

What was the deal with the eagle wearing the WJC jersey in the stands yesterday?  What happened to the polar bear, Breezer, who's supposed to be tourney mascot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the eagle is the mascot of team USA and the polar bear, Breezer, is the rink's mascot during the tourney. :D Could have swore I saw that Bear hanging around the arena a few years ago. It reminds me too much of the Coke Polar Bear, Probably a free gift from coke when it got the exclusive pop contract at REA. :D I think the driver of the Coke Zamboni should have to wear the costume.

Who cares?  I thought Breezer was a dumb mascot.  I'll think the eagle will be dumb too if it steps onto the ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It did step onto the ice Sunday and promptly fell on his arse. It did look staged though.

:0