SiouxSports.com Forum

James Massen

SFSIOUX#1

Just wondering if anyone has heard the extent of Massen's injury? For James sake I hope it was not as serious as it looked.

I would have to admit that I was as critical of his play last year as anyone but he certainly has played some good games this year and I believe he is a valuable asset to the team.

I would have to admit that I was as critical of his play last year as anyone but he certainly has played some good games this year and I believe he is a valuableĀ  asset to the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At some points you were down right nasty.

SF=Sioux Falls or San Francisco??

Were you at the game on Saturday? If you had seen the look on his face on the jumbotron, you would have known he was hurt bad. Also for a player to have help to get off the ice, you know it's bad.

I too have seen him with crutches and a huge leg brace. I would bet it will be after the first of the year before we see him again.

Good luck to James, he is a big part of our team this year.

I heard MCL.Ā  Out 3 to 4 weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you realize to get the information on Jame's injury legally. James technically would have to announce to the public it was in fact true via the air waves or print media or sign a release of information. I think this is why we never get a up date anymore. I hope James gets back soon. It would be nice to see him pad his stats gainst BSU and Canisus.

I was hoping to see James become a solid contributor this season and it seemed like he was coming along. I believe this is a setback not only for James but for the team. Hopefully it's not too bad and he can be ready to roll at somepoint downstream. We can use him.

Good luck, James.

I was hoping to see James become a solid contributor this season and it seemed like he was coming along.Ā  I believe this is a setback not only for James but for the team.Ā  Hopefully it's not too bad and he can be ready to roll at somepoint downstream.Ā  We can use him.

Good luck, James.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dagies is right, James has one of the highest numbers of shots taken on the team.

When he got hurt the other night the Sioux rhythm was thrown off. Now, if James can come back and hopefully some of these shots will start going in. Also hopefully Fabian can stay in the line up.

No Massen? No Fabian? Ouch.

Welcome to a bare-bones line-up for skaters:

2 injured (out): Massen, Fabian.

12 forwards: McMahon, Canady, Fylling, Genoway, Prpich, Marvin, Stafford, Porter, Murray, Zajac, Spirko, Kaip.

8 defense: Schneider, Fuher, Jones, Greene, Smaby, Bina, Foyt, Radke.

Massen's played too many games. He can't apply for a medical hardship year. However, Fabian still could (if he doesn't play any in the second 50% of the season.)

Think it would help him adjust to the speed of the game if we slipped Radke into the line-up at forward one night (say in Marvin's place)?

Lee Marvin's fast becoming like that NCAA commercial with the psychology major/basketball player: "Am I a defenseman who can play forward, or a forward who can play defense?"

No Massen? No Fabian? Ouch.

Welcome to a bare-bones line-up for skaters:

2 injured (out): Massen, Fabian.

12 forwards: McMahon, Canady, Fylling, Genoway, Prpich, Marvin, Stafford, Porter, Murray, Zajac, Spirko, Kaip.

8 defense: Schneider, Fuher, Jones, Greene, Smaby, Bina, Foyt, Radke.

Massen's played too many games. He can't apply for a medical hardship year. However, Fabian still could (if he doesn't play any in the second 50% of the season.)

Think it would help him adjust to the speed of the game if we slipped Radke into the line-up at forward one night (say in Marvin's place)?

Lee Marvin's fast becoming like that NCAA commercial with the psychology major/basketball player: "Am I a defenseman who can play forward, or a forward who can play defense?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I wouldn't expect Radke in the ranks of forward. If any of our current D (besides Marvin) gets put up forward it will either be Fuher or Foyt.