SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-7) vs North Central (12/12 8PM)

SWSiouxMN

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t think anyone can convince me that Reid Grant can’t provide more than Caleb Nero. 

The problem with Grant is I think he’d be pretty easy to scout. Doesn’t look to shoot. If he drives he’s doing the same little spin move he does. He can make a guy look silly once a game with a ball fake like he did in Idaho 

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

The problem with Grant is I think he’d be pretty easy to scout. Doesn’t look to shoot. If he drives he’s doing the same little spin move he does. He can make a guy look silly once a game with a ball fake like he did in Idaho 

That’s true. Just think he has better vision than Caleb and just because Caleb is willing to shoot doesn’t mean he should. Shot a couple 3s that first half and not sure he hit rim. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LDL said:

with this being the end of the non-conference games, what is everyone's opinion on the state of the team?  I see some promising players who need some time to develop.  

Much better squad that last year, certainly able to make some noise in the conference if they can play consistent defense and can avoid those droughts that have plagued them.

Good litmus test on Monday against a youthful St. Thomas team. 

10 hours ago, LDL said:

with this being the end of the non-conference games, what is everyone's opinion on the state of the team?  I see some promising players who need some time to develop.  

I would say that they are in a pretty solid spot. With a lot of young guys/new guys it will be a continuous process of them developing and getting more comfortable with each other game by game. It is going to be a real test starting conference games next Monday. Conference games are a whole different level than non-conference. The scouting/game plan by the other team is on another level, the intensity of the games, its like a whole new season starting conference play.

I am worried about the inability of Trent and Brooks to shoot wide open jump shots in these conference games. I think teams will pack it in even more than we have seen on those two and really clog up things for everyone else. They need to shoot catch and shoot 3's. Especially Brooks! Need Omot to continue to be aggressive being that go-to scorer. Keep playing defense the way that they have and I think they can make some noise! Will be very exciting!