SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's assess recent performance

01grad

This year is different for every team because of the way the league is calling everything. It seemed it took UND longer to adjust, and we were giving other teams 8,9,10 and even 11 Power plays per game. and 18- 5 on 3's in the first 12 games. No team in the world could win playing that shorthanded.

Lets think positive, now we have cut our penalties in half and Brady is back, that will be Huge for our offense and Phil is stepping up. After the world juniors we need Drew to start scoring a goal a a game and we will be in top 3. Maybe this is a bad year to finish high because you have to be in regionals at Marriucci. Face it the league is so strong that us, Minni, Wisco, CC, Denver, and Duluth could all have a great shot at making it to Columbus.

Let's keep a few things in mind. Kyle Radke is 19. Travis Roche was a 21-year-old freshman who sat out a year because of eligibility problems. In his first season for UND, Roche had 6 goals and 22 assists.

Sioux fans think of Brad Williamson as a good offensive-defenseman, but his stats during his freshman year didn't show it. He had 1 goal and 3 assists in 34 games.

You can continue assessing the Sioux play this weekend when the games are on

Channel 23. Great news. Unforunately we have to listen to Pat Sweeny though.

12/10/04 Men's Hockey AT Minnesota-Duluth (AWAY) 7:05 PM FSSN

12/11/04 Men's Hockey AT Minnesota-Duluth (AWAY) 7:05 PM FSSN

You can continue assessing the Sioux play this weekend when the games are on

Channel 23. Great news. Unforunately we have to listen to Pat Sweeny though.

12/10/04 Men's Hockey AT Minnesota-Duluth (AWAY) 7:05 PM FSSN

12/11/04 Men's Hockey AT Minnesota-Duluth (AWAY) 7:05 PM FSSN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you don't have to listen to sweeny, at least not in the gf area, you could listen to the homer of all homers talk to himself on the radio.

you don't have to listen to sweeny, at least not in the gf area, you could listen to the homer of all homers talk to himself on the radio.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ha, I knew I could flush out the anti Sioux radio crowd. ;) Like Shaver isn't a homer, and the rubes they have in St. Cloud are the worst.

Ah ha, I knew I could flush out the anti Sioux radio crowd. ;) Like Shaver isn't a homer, and the rubes they have in St. Cloud are the worst.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh no, i'm not of the anti sioux radio crowd, i would rather listen to tim cuz he calls a way better game than sweeny (or johnny B and Hale), but when he's on the road, by himself, and has to fill the extra color comm. time himself, that's tuff to listen too, it would be tuff to listen to with anyone, but when he gets on a rant about the officials or anything along those lines, its hard to not get curious about what sweeny has to say.

worst all time, mazzaco and woog. hands down st cloud radio, distant second

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Hennesey is a homer, but Sweeny and Bredahl are the 2 worst TV announcers ever.