SiouxSports.com Forum

Trying to Re-connect to Fighting Sioux Hockey

JESUS,family,rutgers

Hey Fighting Sioux fans, my trip to Grand Forks for a hockey/football triple header in November, 2008 seems so long ago. Enjoyed the games, the campus, Grand Forks, and meeting YaneA and SiouxMeNow and his wife. Remember how beautiful the countryside was and how EVERYONE I met in North Dakota seemed like such nice people. I used to watch every game through the Fighting Sioux Sports Network on Fox Sports. Due to some family and job changes, I started to lose touch with the program and with the Sioux no longer being on television rarely caught a game. With the new hockey season starting, I am going to try to start following the program again. I see that YouTube shows North Dakota game highlights. I don’t get home from work until after 1:00 AM Eastern time. Are the highlights usually up by then? Any thoughts from you guys on the upcoming season? Sorry for the long post. Elaine, Mike, and Cary, if you see this, hope all is well out in North Dakota.

Go Fighting Sioux !

Go Scarlet Knights !

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JESUS,family,rutgers said:

Hey Fighting Sioux fans, my trip to Grand Forks for a hockey/football triple header in November, 2008 seems so long ago. Enjoyed the games, the campus, Grand Forks, and meeting YaneA and SiouxMeNow and his wife. Remember how beautiful the countryside was and how EVERYONE I met in North Dakota seemed like such nice people. I used to watch every game through the Fighting Sioux Sports Network on Fox Sports. Due to some family and job changes, I started to lose touch with the program and with the Sioux no longer being on television rarely caught a game. With the new hockey season starting, I am going to try to start following the program again. I see that YouTube shows North Dakota game highlights. I don’t get home from work until after 1:00 AM Eastern time. Are the highlights usually up by then? Any thoughts from you guys on the upcoming season? Sorry for the long post. Elaine, Mike, and Cary, if you see this, hope all is well out in North Dakota.

Go Fighting Sioux !

Go Scarlet Knights !

Welcome back! A lot has changed in Forks, but Fighting Sioux hockey is alive and well. I recommend going through this forum like a mad-man, you will find tons of great info to help you reconnect and some good comedy as well. The NCHC.TV app is probably your go to here. $25/month for a school pass, $30/month for a conference pass. They have archived games up I think just the next day or maybe even that same night after the NCHC/Midco broadcast, so you could watch the full game as if you were watching it on Midco Sports from Grand Forks that way. They also stream it live and the production quality is really good if its a home game, it varies on the away games.

You can grab some new gear from the Sioux Shop still @ http://www.SiouxShop.com, and they even still sell some Fighting Sioux gear on the "Legacy Collection" part of the website here: https://www.siouxshop.com/special-collections/traditions/dlc/

@Blackheart also has some good classics, and recent tourney/championship games on his youtube channel that are fun to go and re-watch too. I don't see the championship game, but there are semi finals etc from the 2016 championship season, among some classic games.

Here is his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgKzKhLCVfPMvbM3tEShQA/videos

Welcome back.

Hello @JESUS,family,rutgers! If finances allow, subscribing to NCHC.tv is the best way to watch the games; it allows you to watch complete games even if you can't watch live. (Plus if you watch the next day, you can fast forward through the commercials and intermission breaks. At least you used to...I haven't tried that feature for awhile.) Also, I recommend watching "Through These Doors" each week on YouTube. Here's a link to this year's first episode.

This is gonna be great year, @JESUS,family,rutgers!!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Hello @JESUS,family,rutgers! If finances allow, subscribing to NCHC.tv is the best way to watch the games; it allows you to watch complete games even if you can't watch live. (Plus if you watch the next day, you can fast forward through the commercials and intermission breaks. At least you used to...I haven't tried that feature for awhile.) Also, I recommend watching "Through These Doors" each week on YouTube. Here's a link to this year's first episode.

This is gonna be great year, @JESUS,family,rutgers!!

I knew I left something out. Yes Through These Doors is great and there should be a new episode tomorrow night as well.

• Upvote 1