SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS ST. CLOUD GAME THREAD

AZSIOUX

Can't believe that Duluth isn't living up to expectations. It would be tough to pick who would be in the Final Five as of today. Both Colorado schools looking good as are Wisconsin and Minnesota. The rest is anybody's guess. I would think either Duluth or North Dakota but who knows.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that Duluth isn't living up to expectations.  It would be tough to pick who would be in the Final Five as of today.  Both Colorado schools looking good as are Wisconsin and Minnesota.  The rest is anybody's guess.  I would think either Duluth or North Dakota but who knows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seawolves, hahaha

Sioux win 3-1!

Looking forward to hearing from people who got to watch the game. SC announcers make it sound as if the Sioux were outplayed. We won 3x more face-offs, and sounds like we missed on a few opportunities of our own to score. SC sounds like they missed on several.

So, were we lucky? Or did we play a good game we can be happy about?

Watching the Denver game, I really like the way they move the puck in the other team's zone. Everybody always seems to be moving.

On their PP the guy along the side boards always carries the puck to the middle of the zone and then looks to shoot or pass when a defender picks him up.

Sioux win 3-1!

Looking forward to hearing from people who got to watch the game.  SC announcers make it sound as if the Sioux were outplayed.  We won 3x more face-offs, and sounds like we missed on a few opportunities of our own to score.  SC sounds like they missed on several.

So, were we lucky?  Or did we play a good game we can be happy about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no way the Sioux were out played in this game. Maybe for the first 4-7 minutes of the game, but the rest of the game the Sioux were in control. More shots on goal, more quality chances, more face offs won. Sioux still have some work to do but this is what they needed to do this weekend.

Looking forward to hearing from people who got to watch the game.  SC announcers make it sound as if the Sioux were outplayed.  We won 3x more face-offs, and sounds like we missed on a few opportunities of our own to score.  SC sounds like they missed on several.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Puck possesion for the first 5 minutes of the game favored SCSU, but after that the Sioux dominated the puck, except during PK's (although the PK's were pretty good, too).

Campion didn't blow the whistle constantly like we've seen almost every other weekend. SCSU has nothing to complain about, they hooked and held their way into a rather close game.

Garbage goal by McMahon? He undressed the dman, then beat Montgomery with a clean wrist shot. Garbage D by SCSU maybe.

Campion didn't blow the whistle constantly like we've seen almost every other weekend. SCSU has nothing to complain about, they hooked and held their way into a rather close game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woog just made the same comment on about the Gophers giving some cross checks and how they aren't being called.

Woog just made the same comment on about the Gophers giving some cross checks and how they aren't being called.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Whoever predicted they would call it close until Thanksgiving wins the prize. I thought they would keep calling penalties until Christmas.

Not a single 5x3 for either the Gophs or DU and the stickwork that was an automatic whistle previously went uncalled unless the player went down.

It would be nice to see who PCM is interviewing this game.  Those are always great for some info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PCM didn't even know who he was interviewing. :D

Friday night, it was supposed to be Brady Murray and Phil Harmeson. It ended up being Phil Harmeson and a quickie interview with Chris Semrau of REA.

Saturday night, it was supposed to be Brady Murray and Sara Martin, the WCHA assistant commissioner for women's hockey. It ended up being Andy Schneider and Kevin Allenspach of the St. Cloud Times.

I'm just happy to know that someone besides my wife and mother are listening. :)

And if anyone sees Brady Murray, tell him that I want to interview him. :angry: