SiouxSports.com Forum

The Golden Arm #4

JBB

Good thing Gorder wins this, because he hasn't won squat those four weeks otherwise.

Gorder and his "golden arm," the one that has completed a whopping 51% of his passes on the season, and a grand total of 2 td's (compared to 3 picks) through 5 games, looks like he's going to lead the Bison to about a 2-8 record this year. But hey, as long as he keeps racking up those jbb awards, who cares about wins and losses, right? :D

The Golden Arm is announcing suspension of the award. With the apparent career ending injury to Perennial Harlon Hill hopefull Kelby Klosterman the head-to-head competition between NDSUs Craig Gorder and klosterman appears to be at an end.

It was a great run with a record setting 3 wins for Gorder. klosteman never did win it. His proxy did put one up for him and thats got to make sue sox fans feel a lot better about themselves.

Craig Gorder 3 Klosterman (proxy win) 1

Congratulations to Craig Gorder. The best passing QB in the competition.

Heres how the cummulative stats look for those games the Golden Arm was awarded. We see a clear winner:

Craig Gorder

C-Atmpt-int-TD-yds

81-122-1-1 627 66% completion rate

Klosterman/proxy

C-Atmpt-int-TD-yds

56-93-2-2 521 60% completion rate

Looking at the up-to-the-minute conference stats heres how it ended. All fans should be aware that klosterman enjoyed 2 huge tomato cans, Crookston and Mesa. Gorder has competed only against the nations best.

Dan Fjeldheim.. SDSU SR 5 174 113 5 64.9 1340 7 268.0

Keith Heckendor SCSU JR 6 213 122 7 57.3 1519 20 253.2

Graig Gorder... NDSU SR 5 172 88 3 51.2 806 2 161.2

Andrew Shea.... MSU SR 5 128 54 5 42.2 691 5 138.2

Mark Passard... UNC SR 6 111 60 1 54.1 747 4 124.5

KelbyKlosterman UND SR 5 97 55 2 56.7 597 5 119.4

Ryan Justice... USD SR 6 134 70 9 52.2 706 4 117.7

Trey Guidry.... UNO JR 6 67 39 1 58.2 651 4 108.5

Tommy Flyger... AC FR 6 98 46 4 46.9 418 2 69.7

Brian Masek.... UNO FR 7 66 27 4 40.9 326 2 46.6

John,

It's too bad for Kelby that all he has to look back on over his career is losing out on the godawful Golden Arm award, oh, and the little ring on his finger.

The only thing Graiggy has is a 'g' where there should have been a 'c'. He'll neverovercome that. He'll go down as the least productive QB in the history of Bizon football.

Onward to Division I (AA) for the Bizon! "Bring on Purdue and Indiana!"

Shoutin Ed Smaltz started the award, its true, but it long ago outgrew even his leadership. The committee has disbanded the award until Perennial Harlon Hill Candidate Kelby Klosterman is back. The original intent of the award was to honor thier individual competition as so often bragged about by the great Shoutin Ed Smultz himself. Lets take a look at some up-to-the-minute team stats:

NCC ranking, Confrerence games only:

total Offense

NDSU 4 UND 6

Pass Offense

NDSU 4 UND 8

Scoring offense

NDSU 6 UND 7

These stats represent the basis for the Golden Arm. Congratulations to the NDSU BISON "Golden Arm" Champion Graig Gorder!!

Bison:

total o. = 4th rank

pass o. = 4th rank

scoring o. = 6th rank you'd think with the 4th ranks the Bison scoring o. would at least be ranked higher than 6th - not too good on converting ..... good enough for the golden arm, but not good enough for a winning/.500 record ......

Sioux:

total o. = 6th rank

pass o. = 8th rank

scoring o. = 7th rank could be better, but at least it's the average (6 & 8) and not below the average ...... and 4-1 in the conference is nice consolation for trailing the Bison for this award ......

:D

Although your attempts to somehow degrade the incredible achievements of Graig Gorder and The NDSU BISON are understood within the context of "college hijinx" I would agree: To post a winning record is a nice consolation for UND and the "hard charging" perennial Harlon Hill Favorite Kelby Klosterman.

I do want to caution you however, the Prestigious "Golden Arm" is not a team trophy or otherwise to be confused with other individual achievement promotions intended for some "commercial" gain. This is a very Prestigious and Somber award started by none other than the very, well shall we say, visible Shoutin Ed Schultz. It is intended to honor the QB with the best arm in the State of North Dakota. Congratulations to the great NDSU BISON "Golden Arm" QB, GRAIG GORDER!!!! GO BISON!!!!

With this said, it has come to our attention that further awards between the Klosterman Proxy and NDSUs Graig Gorder may be possible if fan interest continues to demand the continuation of this great honor. The Golden Arm Committee will be meeting soon on this issue.

JBB:

Only one QB stat really matters, namely, record in starts:

2002 UND

Klosterman Overall 3-2, Conference 1-1

Bowenkamp Overall 1-0, Conference 1-0

Total Overall 4-2, Conference 2-1

2002 NDSU

Gorder Overall 1-4, Conference 0-3

Total Overall 1-4, Conference 0-3

As the great sage Al Davis says, "Just win baby."

Let me help JBB and his illustrious awards panel out again this week:

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD NCAA Rating

Graig Gorder 19-7-1 158 2 130.91

John Bowenkamp 47-33-2 363 2 140.62

Seven for nineteen?

Remember: When two no-conference-wins teams meet, one has to win; when two one-conference-loss teams meet, one has to lose.

Im glad you take the Golden Arm so seriously. Congratulations to KK(K?) on his monetary reward. But again I want to say: the Prestigious Golden Arm is no cheap commercial promotion. No Matter how much Klosterman is paid, by who know who, he he could only win the Prestigious Golden Arm through his proxy.

Conratulations to the North Dakota Golden Arm Champion Graig Gorder, The "3-pete" Suprise from The NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON FOOTBALL TEAM!!! Go BISON!!!!

Klosterman is an ok QB. His proxy had a good game last week. Had the award been handed out there is a chance he might have won. Naturally, a sue sox fan cant stand to be bested in anything, much less the Prestigious Golden Arm. Klostermans worthyness for the Harlon Hill is about as great as his worthyness for the covited Golden Arm. His proxy on the other hand might be a great vehicle for you to try and drive to a Harlon Hill now that Kelby is certainly out of it.

I understand your frustration. After a hundred years or so of football he was your best chance. I can understand your disappointment. NDSU has several Harlon Hills and three Prestigious Golden Arms. You have one Golden Arm. Your eagerness to compete is apparent. "Good Dog, Down Boy".

JBB - I'm not one for suppressing someone's right to free speech and I hate to sound like a parent.... but..... TOTALLY BAD FORM to attach an extra "letter" to Kelby's name .... might I suggest that you utilize the edit button ... that snide comment is beyond even YOU.

Props to Kelby on the scholarship......