SiouxSports.com Forum

St Cloud State football attendance

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think of the Alerus?  There was more energy in the crowd at the 2001 games then at last years games, I thought??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've stated this before, but here's the short version:

Very nice indoor arena, with all the amenitites. My biggest complaints: low ceiling and too shallow of a pitch in the seating which creates less-than-desirable sight lines. If either of these complaints of mine were remedied, however, the Alerus would probably not be as loud or hostile for opposing teams. Fun atmosphere, as standing was encouraged. :D Of course, I prefer outdoor football, but only in climates where it stays above 40 degrees during football season.

Only 1800 at the MTU game.  Did I read that right?  I am still pissed about our poor showing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder how long the NCAA will lose money by having the higher sead host before they start awarding games based on $$$$$.

1,800 at Michigan Tech is a lot better than the showing at SCSU when you factor in Houghton has a population around 8,000 compared to 60,000+ in St. Cloud. I could see, in the future, not giving a playoff game to a school like SCSU if they can't draw more fans given the area population, but I don't think schools like MTU should not be given home games just because they happen to be located in the some dinky town.