SiouxSports.com Forum

No Go For UND

IowaBison

Not that I really want to start a thread here, but last night there was a report on WDAY stating that UND was asked by the Big Sky if they were considering joining the conference and they responded with, "thanks, but no thanks".

You can find it on the wday broadcast at about the 29:30 mark until tonight's broadcast replaces it.

Let's say you have a good job already.

A reporter, say married to someone looking for a job with the nearby big employer, asks you on camera, "Hey, I hear the big employer offered you a job."

1. How do we know what the reporter "heard" is reality?

2. If it is true, would either party, the employer or the person, want to admit it publicly when the offer hasn't been stated publicly?

3. How would answering the question affect the person's current employment status and co-workers?

The question/situation has some feel of a "Would you like to put your foot into this open bear trap?" feel to it.

How would you respond to such a question?

I don't envy the position of Thomas or Harmeson right now.

Bandwidth issues right now (and I generally avoid 'DAY for KVLY-TV and KFGO-AM). Hopefully later.

Phil Harmeson's a pretty logic-based, but close to the vest, guy. If that's his sentiment he must have based it on something he's found. I guess I trust Harmeson's judgement. (He's never given a reason not to.)

PS - I'm sure you knew this already: Harmeson is UND's NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative and has the title "Special Assistant to the President of UND".

Sicatoka,

Ditch the dial-up :silly: .

The minutes from the Oct. 19th IAC meeting should be pretty interesting. Maybe the reasoning will be made more clear once they finally get those up on the internet. From the Sept. 21st IAC meeting:

Strategic planning update:  Roger Thomas said the Athletic Department has had three strategic planning meetings to date and has identified specific areas that need attention.  The department is now at the stage to define how to

Sicatoka,

Like I said, the 10/19/04 IAC minutes will be interesting to read, once they become available in another month or two.

UND has already made "leaving" noises with the previous open-ended talk. I believe even you interpreted some of the talk to mean a possible move to DI. Saying they are looking at the possiblity is no different than what has already been stated. :silly:

It's been stated for quite a while that no teams other than UMD have shown any interest in the NCC. U Mary would be a better fit in the NSIC, as they are rumored to be interested in the NSIC and in contact with the conference.

UNO-Why mention them? Because they have stated they might leave if more changes occur, and UND could attempt a spin campaign of being the savior of the NCC by staying put in DII. :D

Sickatoka,

Do you have to have "advice" for everything?  First it was the volleyball player and then it's this.  Sometimes it is ok to just take a post and read it and appreciate it.  Remeber, Silence is Golden.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I been thinking the same. I'm starting to develop a feel for what Sickatoka is going to say on topics before he replies.