SiouxSports.com Forum

BCHL or USHL

SIOUXELEVENS

Whatching Bradford go from the BCHL to the USHL and seems to be lighting it up which league is better competition.Bradford was about 1.5 points per game in the BCHL and is 1.82 in the USHL.Seeing that the Sioux have three recruits playing in the BCHL this year i was wondering what people thought of the two leagues.

Whatching Bradford go from the BCHL to the USHL and seems to be lighting it up which league is better competition.Bradford was about 1.5 points per game in the BCHL and is 1.82 in the USHL.Seeing that the Sioux have three recruits playing in the BCHL this year i was wondering what people thought of the two leagues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND has some good players from the BCHL. Murray and Zajac are two that come to mind right away.

IMHO, I think the USHL is more of an offensive minded league, while BCHL is more traditional in that players are expected to play offense and defense. Canadian teams seem to have more players who have played O and D as they've developed, so I think you may get better all-around players. Not to say the USHL doesn't produce great talent, but all things being equal I tend to favor players from the BCHL, especially those who have a solid shot at the NHL ... whenever they play again. :silly::D

I realize we have two players from Salmon Arm but I was asking what people thought the difference was between the two leagues? :silly:

I saw a quote from Bradford earlier this fall and if I remember it correctly, he said the BCHL was a more offensive oriented league and the USHL a better defensive league. I was left with the impression that he felt overall the hockey was better in the USHL.

I think he might have said the BCHL was a bit rougher but don't remember for sure on that one.

IMHO, I think the USHL is more of an offensive minded league, while BCHL is more traditional in that players are expected to play offense and defense.  Canadian teams seem to have more players who have played O and D as they've developed, so I think you may get better all-around players.  Not to say the USHL doesn't produce great talent, but all things being equal I tend to favor players from the BCHL, especially those who have a solid shot at the NHL ... whenever they play again.  :silly:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never seen a BCHL game so I clearly don't know, but from the reading I've done it seems as though the roles have reversed from your position in the last 5 years or so.

Last year the USHL scoring leader was Howe with 78pts, in comparison with the same 60 game schedule 19 guys in the BCHL had over 80 pts.