SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mankato

Let'sGoHawks!

Lennon said tonight on the radio that Manke will be starting on Saturday because Belmore is banged up a little bit (but available if necessary). He also said that Bowenkamp took some reps in practice this week and might possibly play, so that is definitely encouraging. My gut feeling is that they will keep Bowenkamp under wraps this week and hopefully have him ready to go at Omaha next week.

Lennon said tonight on the radio that Manke will be starting on Saturday because Belmore is banged up a little bit (but available if necessary). He also said that Bowenkamp took some reps in practice this week and might possibly play, so that is definitely encouraging. My gut feeling is that they will keep Bowenkamp under wraps this week and hopefully have him ready to go at Omaha next week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you thinking that he'd start against Omaha? I'd hope he get some reps before being thrust into a big game with UNO.

Are you thinking that he'd start against Omaha? I'd hope he get some reps before being thrust into a big game with UNO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have any inside information, I'm just purely speculating. I would be completely comfortable with Bowenkamp starting at UNO, even if he went into the game cold. He has a tremendous grasp of the offense and would by far give UND the best chance to win down there. Nothing against Belmore or Manke, it's just that Bowenkamp has been in almost every conceivable situation before and at this point in his career, I don't think it will take much to shake off the rust.

I don't have any inside information, I'm just purely speculating. I would be completely comfortable with Bowenkamp starting at UNO, even if he went into the game cold. He has a tremendous grasp of the offense and would by far give UND the best chance to win down there. Nothing against Belmore or Manke, it's just that Bowenkamp has been in almost every conceivable situation before and at this point in his career, I don't think it will take much to shake off the rust.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't mean to imply that you had inside info. I was just curious if you would like to see him start against Omaha or just play some.

After thinking more about it, I actually think it's better for UND if Bowenkamp doesn't play at all this week because UNO won't have any idea about which QB they need to prepare for. The UNO coaches have to be aware of the nature of Bowenkamp's injury, so if he does play some QB against Mankato, it would signal that he would almost certainly be starting the following week. It's tough to gameplan on defense when you don't know which of the three quarterback's weaknesses you need to exploit. :0

It's about time Manke gets a legitimate chance to run a game from start to finish. All he has done up to this point in his UND career is the equlivalent of "mop up" work that a relief pitcher would do in baseball.

If you wanna know what I think about Manke, refer to the Bowenkamp thread on here and go down and read what I have to say. If anyone has any comments or questions on that, post it and we can hopefully have a nice debate or agreeance. (Hopefully no Bison fans would get in on it, because it would be nice to have an intelligence conversation, rather than talk with a rock) :0