SiouxSports.com Forum

on TV this weekend?

siouxguyinstpaul

A good mantra I use is:

If it's not on FSN, FSSN, or CSTV, it's not on TV unless in the local market of the team.

With webcast being pushed so hard, you won't see away games on FSSN at all, IMO. The only games you will see that are away are those appearing on CSTV, like Maine, and those appearing on FSN, like Minnesota (if we play in Minny). Occasionally FSN will air the Wisconsin game, but not too often.

What stops an individual (working at a bar) from buying the 8.95 dataflix rather than the bar 39.99 dataflix product? What do you get in the 39.99 version that isn't available in the cheaper product? Or does the REA want a cut of the beer sales?

What stops an individul (working at a bar) from buying the 8.95 dataflix rather than the bar 39.99 dataflix product? What do you get in the 39.99 version that isn't available in the cheaper product? Or does the REA want a cut of the beer sales?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure they have a clause saying you will only use the $8.95 for residental purposes. $40 is probably a good deal if the bars advertise it they should easily make it up in sales. If I wasn't going to Fargo tonight, and watching my cousin play at the REA tomorrow night I'd check it out. Anyone know if any bars in Fargo have the capability to get dataflix? I would think there would be a market for it. There are a number of members on this board that live in Fargo that would likely drink more than $40 if the game was on.

I'm sure they have a clause saying you will only use the $8.95 for residental purposes.  $40 is probably a good deal if the bars advertise it they should easily make it up in sales.  If I wasn't going to Fargo tonight, and watching my cousin play at the REA tomorrow night I'd check it out.  Anyone know if any bars in Fargo have the capability to get dataflix?  I would think there would be a market for it.  There are a number of members on this board that live in Fargo that would likely drink more than $40 if the game was on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must have been "added" after the popularity of showing it in bars last year. I think the bars just bought the 8.95 product then, didn't they?

Would be worth checking out, but I'm nowhere near anyplace with that capability. As I remember the road game dataflix productions were not very good, since they operated with 1 camera in a "high-up" location, in some very dark arenas (at least whatever they used appeared very dark). Maybe they improved on that this year.