SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Arena/Wild

dagies

The Trib today says that Atlanta isn't going to play Hrkac today because they don't want to play him on back to back days before the season starts. That really sucks for GF fans who wanted to see him maybe on last time. That's too bad.

Before the game, they interviewed Brad Bombadir on radio and he said Hakstol told him he has not yet lost a recruit they wanted when that recruit has toured the REA. GO ARENA!

I'll be interested in hearing how the game was received by the locals. Would be great if the Wild would locate their training camp to GF.

Also anyone at the game remeber that guy on the scoreboard picking his nose? My sister told me she knew the guy and that he was a Bison graduate. How typical. :D

Those Bison will do almost anything to get noticed. :0;);)

It sure was great seeing Roche and Bombardir team up for the game-winning goal in OT. Here's a photo from the end of the game. Roche, number 39, is looking at Bombardir. I think that's backup goalie Dwayne Roloson tugging on Brad's jersey. I'm not sure why he's doing that. Roche and Bombardir came out on the ice together and gave a stick salute to the fans. It was a nice comeback win for the Wild, who didn't give fans much reason to cheer before the final period.

game_end.jpg

The Trib today says that Atlanta isn't going to play Hrkac today because they don't want to play him on back to back days before the season starts. That really sucks for GF fans who wanted to see him maybe on last time. That's too bad.

What a bonehead PR move it was by the Thrashers to leave Hrkac in Atlanta. They gave some lame excuse about him being a big draw for home games. I could see sitting him for one of the last two games, but having it be the game in Grand Forks was just plain dumb. All that did was encourage fans to cheer almost exclusively for the Wild.

Aside from the assist, does anybody have any other insight into how Roche played?

Not that my insight counts for anything, but I thought Roche played solid defensively. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Wild gave up any goals while he was on the ice. They had him out on the power play and on penalty kills (the Wild had a lot of penalties to kill.)

He did a great job of hustling back at one point to break up a 2-on-1 rush. I also remember him breaking up a couple other Thrasher plays close to the net. He had a few of nice hits and a penalty.

Brad Brown looked more like a liability than an asset, especially when he took a stupid 4-minute slashing penalty. That might help Roche stick with the Wild.

I think he did well.

The 2 minute sit in the sin bin was rigged. ;)Payed off by Atlanta no doubt.:0

As for the guy picking his nose do you think it made his beer taste better? ;)

Great Pics Pat!

dagies, 9,500 people on hand. Could have been more but the tix were $42. :D

I blame the empty seats on Atlanta, who knows how many more might have came to see our only Hobey Baker winner! ;)

Travis R. and Brad B. were the starting d-men combination. Brad B. seemed to have quite a bit more time on the ice during the middle of the game as it seemed like the Thrashers were on a continuous power play (as PCM said Travis R. did do penalty kill time, however it did not seem that he had as much as Brad B.. Travis R. had a nice hit at center ice (they replayed it a couple times on the big screen). Brad B. is so stable/consistent. Travis R. had a good game, some nice hits, went strong into the corners, as PCM mentioned he broke up the 2 on 1 on a real sweet move, his break out passes seemed to connect o.k.., had a penalty, and notched an assist on the gwg. It was fun to watch him play again, he's soooooo smooth (yes most of the professionals skate smoothly but I'm biased!). Speaking of smooth skating, Dany Heatly had some really nice moves - early in the first period he had a nice dipsy-doddle.

Big thumbs down to the Thrasher organization - I realize this was NOT a WCHA alumni game, however, to not bring Tony H., what is up with that?:D?? It was a hard game to get into. I'm not a big fan of penalty shots, however, the one near the beginning of the 2nd period was fun to watch and the crowd "got into it". The last 10 minutes of the 3rd and overtime had a much more crowd noise.

What was up with the #1 star of the game? They announced star #3, star #2, then when they said "#1 star" and Manny R. skated out, then the announcer said "Brad B." and Manny quickly skated to the bench and Brad came scooting out onto the ice? When do they tell the players if they are a "star" of the game? Manny played well so I wasn't surprised when he skated out, but then they said Brad's name......

It felt so good to be at a hockey game! Drop the Puck!!!

I can't believe the thrashers would sit a home town hero - that had to kill Hrkac. Bush league move.

It's alway good to see the WCHA alum playing well in the NHL. Bomber has become something of a media darling on WCCO in the Twin Cities, he is very witty and glib on the air and a pleasure to listen too. I hope he's able to avoid injury this season as I think the Wild will be much improved and he is a key component.

I can't believe the thrashers would sit a home town hero - that had to kill Hrkac. Bush league move.

Monday's Herald said that Hrkac's mother and other members of his family had tickets to attend the game. They didn't tell Tony until Friday that he wasn't going on the trip. His relatives showed up anyway.

In today's Strib there is a great picture of Roche landing a hip check on one of the Atlanta birdies - the photographer caught the birdie in the air. Unfortunately, I can't find it on the Strib sight. If you have a chance, I would suggest picking up a copy of today's paper.

Too bad he was sent down, but I bet it doesn't last long - he's a NHL caliber player.

Note to administrator. Please allow Greyeagle to continue posting but block that ugly varmint under his name. It makes my eyes itchy and blurry.

Better yet, can you give me that same thing with a red circle with slash through it like a "No" sign?