SiouxSports.com Forum

NY Games next weekend

SiouxperFan

I will be listening to the games on Friday, so I can post updates for those of you out of towners. But unfortunately, I won't be able to hear the championship game since I will be in Fargo at the Sioux/Bison game. We're staying overnight there. That's why I was hoping it would be on tv so I could tape it. :D

Friday's Sioux hockey game will be on 1280 AM (KVOX) out of Fargo/Moorhead, not KFGO (790 AM).

It's because of the start time of the Twins pre-game show on KFGO. The hockey game and that would overlap.

Saturday, I'm not sure how they're doing it. I know Sioux football will be on KFGO, but I'd guess baseball puts the hockey team on 1280 AM.

As jk has cautioned you can't take a lot from this game but I at least am happy to see that we manhandled a team that should not be as good as we are. That is a good sign.

More telling will be the contest with Michigan tomorrow, for sure. But today was a positive step. And rarely commented on was Brandt's shutout. That is a great accomplishment, even if he was not severely tested. He still stopped the first shot, every shot. Good for him.

On to tomorrow.

WOW!

Sioux win the Punch Imlach tourney with an OT win over Michigan 5-4 on a goal by Lundbohm.

This is a good win for the team. They have proven they can play with a top team. The deal will be to consistently do that now....

Sounds like Siembida played ok even though he gave up 4 goals. Didn't seem like Hennessey was critical of any of his goals. Anyone have any info or insight along those lines?

Defense seemed solid. Sioux still suffered a few low moments:

1. 2 end of period goals. Ouch.

2. Couldn't get puck out of the zone in the 3rd resulting in MI goal.

3. All 5 guys changed on the fly and got caught for a goal. Ouch.

Give the team credit. Seems like there is enough offense on this team where they can score at any time. That bodes well.

GO SIOUX!

Finally the games have begun.

Great weekend series for the Sioux. A real confidence boost for the guys to come back from a 2 goal deficit. An OT win was a real bonus.

It's early in the season, but it's hard not to get excited about what happenned this past weekend. Parise put on a show to quiet his doubters. The D put the clamps on a highly rated UM team. The scoring came from other players including the D.

I'm excited, but it's a long season. Plenty of ups & downs to go through. As long as the Sioux are on the upswing at the end when it counts, we'll all be happy.