SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-12, 3-4) @ SDSU (9-3, 3-0) 1/23 7:30 PM

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

This will help our record.

They have still have to play well to get them

WIU is scrappy and the games have always been close against them historically. 

DU isn't very good, but 2 games in the altitude will be a challenge

USD is playing very well but we don't know how good they are

and UND hasn't beaten Omaha in many years.  

As I have said a couple of time but it bares repeating here:  The growth of Ihenacho this weekend is significant as we go forward into the 2nd half of this season.  If UND continues to get this version of him in the 2nd half, that is going to change the entire complexation of this offense, especially if he continues to nail outside shots.  15.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5 apg this weekend isn't anything to scoff at.  

I hope that Nero is the next one to figure it out, had a nice game last night in the 2nd half.  Get the guards going here.  

Ihenacho is very important piece to UND if its going to make a run at the end of the season. But the next biggest piece to the puzzle is getting Sueker on track before the end of the season. He was recruited for his size and his ability to hit the outside shot and so far he has struggled all season on that aspect of his game. We saw flash of that against NDSU last Saturday and I thought he may have turned the corner but this weekend looks like he took step backwards again. I think its matter of confidence and he's still adjusting to speed of the game which i believe why he is struggling with his shooting. I consider him and Sims in same boat in that they talk about Juco transfers it takes almost whole season for them to adjust to this level of basketball and then you put in abnormal year with Covid  its going to take time to get their expected level of performance. The good thing is both of them get extra year and if they do reach level of performance they were recruited  for we could have pretty good team in next couple of years. 

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

Ihenacho is very important piece to UND if its going to make a run at the end of the season. But the next biggest piece to the puzzle is getting Sueker on track before the end of the season. He was recruited for his size and his ability to hit the outside shot and so far he has struggled all season on that aspect of his game. We saw flash of that against NDSU last Saturday and I thought he may have turned the corner but this weekend looks like he took step backwards again. I think its matter of confidence and he's still adjusting to speed of the game which i believe why he is struggling with his shooting. I consider him and Sims in same boat in that they talk about Juco transfers it takes almost whole season for them to adjust to this level of basketball and then you put in abnormal year with Covid  its going to take time to get their expected level of performance. The good thing is both of them get extra year and if they do reach level of performance they were recruited  for we could have pretty good team in next couple of years. 

I agree that Sueker needs to get more consistent.  Saturday was a little better game from him but on Friday it was a big struggle for Sueker.  I think Sims has been a little better in adapting to D1 play, at least on the defensive end.  

They are getting closer to figuring it out, its just taking more time.