SiouxSports.com Forum

Changes at the REA

LFSPRO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! For once they've taken off the blinders and started screwing everyone and not just the students. :love:

In this case not the brighest of moves. I mean what student "donates" $1100 up to $11000 to the FSC annually? None I know of anyway. I had a tough time coming up with the $5 for three pitchers of beer on Friday's at the DU! Not saying the students should be screwed I'm just making a point in that they are biting the hand that feeds their operating budget.

I just ran the numbers for the various levels of FSC and what you pay "per seat" if you buy the maximum number of hockey tickets each level of membership lets you buy.

For example: Coaches Club:

$1100 + (2 full price @ $345) + (2 reduced price @ 3/4 of $345) = $2307.5 or $576.88 per seat.

Here are the numbers per seat for each level (level fee, full price tickets, reduced price tickets, number of parking passes included):

Diamond: $1218.54 ($11000, 6, 6, 3)

Emerald: $760.21 ($5500, 6, 6, 3)

Directors: $645.63 ($2750, 4, 4, 2)

Coaches: $576.88 ($1100, 2, 2, 1)

Captains: $675.00 ($660, 2, 0, 0)

Varsity: $510.00 ($330, 2, 0, 0)

Century: $400.00 ($110, 2, 0, 0)

I looked at Club Room Seating this summer.

If I remember correctly, it was $1350.00 ... per seat.

EDIT: Added in level fee costs to table.

• 1 month later...
It appears that the bars will once again be open to the general public.  According to the letter I recieved, the REA has had enough complaints to open the doors once again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you get this recently? If so, could you please elaborate on the contetns of that letter? Thanks.

This sounds like some excessive whining to me. :0

This is a public institution not professional team. The REA is not looking to screw alumni, rather it is doing what is necessary for the school to fund it's programs. You are making a FSC donation and yet you are looking for some sort of entitlement. That is greed on your behalf. Increased revenues are not going to make the REA executives rich rather they are going to fund athletic scholarships and build new facilities which make that athletic department the best it can be. I commend the REA when it finds ways to successfully increase revenue. Especially when it can do so without doing it at the financial expense of students.

Public Universities are facing serious challenges due to politicians who choose to underfund their public institutions (and some would say their own futures). At the same time unionized staff have been seeing double digit growth in compensation (not pay but total compensation, I know how good those other benefits are relative to the private sector). As a result of this tuition has skyrocket everywhere sucking up scholarship dollars and making it more difficult to raise the capital to endow future scholarships.

And some of you are whining because you may need to wait longer to get beer (and other similar complaints). Get over it. Some complaints have been valid, this one seems silly.

And besides what kind of pathetic loser can't drink enough before the game to stay lit up for the duration of that game. :)

END RANT...

hey Siouxnami - if I may - what is your annual donation to the FSC?

Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for? There isn't a more valid expression in the world today. You may argue that with some of the REA changes you AREN'T getting what you pay for. Refer to my first question above.....

If someone does not make any donation to North Dakota, what ticket price and seat locations are available?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JFR - Every season ticket holder - as of this year - must make a donation to the FSC to receive season tickets and this is in addition to the cost of the actual seat for the season. Lower donation levels allow you to purchase seats in the upper bowl. To receive season seats in the lower level you must donate at the Coaches level or above which amounts to about $1100 a year (my numbers may not be exact).

Nothing against Siouxnami but I find that the people who find the gripe with the club lounge ever changing policy foolish are those that aren't making this large donation to the FSC every season (ie upperbowl season ticket holders).

If someone does not make any donation to North Dakota, what ticket price and seat locations are available?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to make a minimum donation fo $110 per year to the Fighting Sioux Club in order to keep your current seat or or apply for a new one. Different levels of giving are Diamond Club $11,000+ Emerald Club $5,500+ Directors Club $2,750+ Coaches Club $1,100+ Captains Club $660+ Varsity Club $330+ Century Club $110+. The more you give, the closer to the ice and the more preferable your seats are. At $1,100 and above, your start to get perks like reserved parking, socials and such.

If you decide not to donate, you can watch the games on TV.

I have been to quite a lot of college stadiums and arenas and I have never heard of any school not making ANY seats available to people who do not donate. Do you mean even the top, say 10-15 rows in the corners, are not available to the general public if they do not donate. There are some schools that force fans to donate if they want the very good seats. What if there is somebody with a family making $20,000 a year and they can only go to one or two games a year and they are willing to buy seats in the top rows, do they have to donate too? This does not seem like a good way to get the general public behind the athletic teams.

Section 311 is reserved for General Admission. First shot at those seats is given to the visiting team's fans. Any unsold go out to the general public. Next, student tickets not picked up by students (Sections 307-310) each week are sold as General Admissions to the public on Thursday before the games.

I ran through season ticket costs by FSC level a while back in a different discussion (link).

I have been to quite a lot of college stadiums and arenas and I have never heard of any school not making ANY seats available to people who do not donate. Do you mean even the top, say 10-15 rows in the corners, are not available to the general public if they do not donate. There are some schools that force fans to donate if they want the very good seats. What if there is somebody with a family making $20,000 a year and they can only go to one or two games a year and they are willing to buy seats in the top rows, do they have to donate too? This does not seem like a good way to get the general public behind the athletic teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/ticket/hockey.asp

This is the link to the UND Athletic Dept. Just keep scrolling and you will see the fees to be a ticket holder, what it entitles you to, and where you can get seats.

And I am almost the personification of what you mentioned, corner, top 15 rows, I make a little more than what you mention and I am damn glad to just be in the building! I asked my wife if we wanted to pony up another $440 a year some that when some become available, we could move down to the lower bowl at the ends (Varsity Club). We have two boys in youth hockey, one on a traveling team, takes a lot of time and we will probably miss some Sioux games. We decided to keep our current seats until our winter schedule stabilizes in say... 10-12 years! then, our boys tell us that we will be moving to the players parents section.

keep our current seats until our winter schedule stabilizes in say... 10-12 years! then, our boys tell us that we will be moving to the players parents section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be sweet, like winning the lottery :0 My aunt was with Vandeveldie's mom at the REA last weekend (for the elite games). She got to go on a tour of the REA with her - she's hoping my cousin steps it up and gets noticed by Hakstol :)